Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 1510 times)

Time Bandit

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Hello everyone
« on: June 08, 2014, 11:39:30 pm »

Hey everyone,

I just want to introduce myself a little bit, since I´m very new to this forum here.
My name is Tobias and I live in the south of germany (near Stuttgart). So please don´t hit me, if I´m writing incorrect.

I started to build ship models more than 20 years ago.
Today I mainly build scale working vessels in 1/24(25)th scale. Currently I have a model of the new 23m series of the german SAR organization DGzRS in my small room.
Since my former hobby room in the basement of an old industrial buildig was demolished in the beginning of this year I had to set my sights lower regarding building.
I can tell you it´s pretty hard to use a fret saw after using a CNC mill for the last few years.
Since I will probably move again in the period of the next year, I´m about to live with my 8 m² room for the next few months.
My other interests regarding our nice hobby is for sure my self built CNC Mill (300kg steel monster  :} which unfortunatly lays completely disassembled in my basement) and electronics.
I learned to program AVR mikrocontrollers and design PCB´s in the last few months (which was really hard for me as a "learned" mechanical engineer) so currently I have a few projects running regarding this. E.g. the probably smallest radar drive of all times (with a 6mm stepper motor) and a 16 channel multiswitch which can be used with every 2,4Ghz Radio as well.

Best regards
Tobias

regards

Tobias

andra

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 01:08:02 am »

Hi Tobias!

Welcome to our happy Forum from a fellow Mayhemmer, it's good to have you on board, you sound like a very skilled (and lucky  ok2)chap indeed what with the CNC mill and those interesting products in development! Any questions just ask away, there are LOADS of lovely and experienced people on here.

Nice to meet you.

Andy

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 02:03:51 pm »

would love to see progress on that model Tobias........could you please post a build thread on the lifeboats section.

thanks neil.

ps...........welcome to the site......more lifeboat modellers the better.

nickyb

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 05:52:20 pm »

Welcome
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.