Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings from Leicester  (Read 1314 times)

R1sahoot

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Greetings from Leicester
« on: June 15, 2014, 06:01:37 pm »

Hello from Leicester. I am new to model making, completed my first ever build Billings Yawl kit and enjoyed it so much that I then built Liverpool Class lifeboat from plans provided by RNLI. ( I have not decided whether to name her after Anstruther lifeboat which I have photos of towing in my great uncle (cox of montrose lifeboat) or arbroath lifeboat that was lost just yards from safety.
I have been pre planning a 1:12 build of Watson RNLB Good Hope again from RNLI documents, I went to sea on her many times as a child.
In the meantime I have just started 1:24 build of ME214 Coastal Girl (formerly A446) built by j Watt & Sons. I am using old photos and the plans of Eileen to help me. I went to sea on her many times with my uncle JR Paton of Ferryden.
I have first hand experience of operating the Beccles Coiler, now if only I could make a scale model of one :-)

As I said I am completely new to this but it's all going pretty well though I have made some costly online purchasing errors - doh !

Although I am not (yet) interested in RC , I have been toying with adding this to ME214 so I am already making provisions for this during the build, I'd love to know more about motor sizing etc for a 1:24 model of an MFV that only had a top speed of 9knots !

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.