Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie with few question's  (Read 2104 times)

ade555

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Newbie with few question's
« on: July 06, 2014, 04:25:58 pm »

Hello everyone

Finally found dedicated RC boat forum  %%  I have so much question to ask so hopping you would be able to help me. I managed to find my self Tunnel Boat with all the gear and as I'm new to boats I had no idea what I was buying but it looked good on local boot sale, after searching the net found out it was Hobby King Hornet f1 with Turnigy 120a esc and brushless motor, after I done bath test ect. to make sure it works taken to local lake and after few min I managed to snap the flex shaft, getting hold of replacement from HB is impossible as they don't have it, so looking for ideas now, what can I do now??? I was reading about cutting flex shaft then soldering the ends ect. but not sure, also saw Pro Boat outboard from rc shop that I could get but don't want to spend that kind of money just yet as I only getting to rc boats.
Could this boat be changed to have the motor inside and buy rudder system?

Please let me know your advice's 

Thanks
Ade

ade555

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Newbie with few question's
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 07:31:34 pm »

would I be able to convert this to rigid shaft by any chance

Temps

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 09:00:27 pm »

Graupner used to sell a flexi shaft kit but you would need to see if it would fit your boat I believe it came with rudder and steering gear I think it was called hydro drive and used to fit in a couple of there old kits Key west being one of them

merseyferry

• Full Mayhemer

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 09:25:31 pm »

Hello everyone

Finally found dedicated RC boat forum  %%  I have so much question to ask so hopping you would be able to help me. I managed to find my self Tunnel Boat with all the gear and as I'm new to boats I had no idea what I was buying but it looked good on local boot sale, after searching the net found out it was Hobby King Hornet f1 with Turnigy 120a esc and brushless motor, after I done bath test ect. to make sure it works taken to local lake and after few min I managed to snap the flex shaft, getting hold of replacement from HB is impossible as they don't have it, so looking for ideas now, what can I do now??? I was reading about cutting flex shaft then soldering the ends ect. but not sure, also saw Pro Boat outboard from rc shop that I could get but don't want to spend that kind of money just yet as I only getting to rc boats.
Could this boat be changed to have the motor inside and buy rudder system?

Please let me know your advice's 

Thanks
Ade

Am not into fast boats but these guys in HK are, but be wary of claimed ESC ratings.

http://www.r2hobbies.com/rc-accessories.html?shaft_type=279

Welcome aboard  O0 O0

Gunna build those other boats one day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.