Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Lady's golden year  (Read 4963 times)

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
A Lady's golden year
« on: August 11, 2014, 06:39:41 pm »

Several days ago as I left a meeting I desperately gave myself a personal search.
I was looking for my keys.

They were not in my pockets. A quick search in the meeting room revealed nothing.
Suddenly I realized I must have left them in the car.
Frantically, I headed for the car park.

My husband has scolded me many times for leaving the keys in the ignition.
My theory is the ignition is the best place not to lose them.
His theory is that the car will be stolen.

As I scanned the car park I came to a terrifying conclusion!
His theory was right. The car park was empty.

I immediately called the police.
I gave them my location.
I confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen.

Then I made the most difficult call of all.

"Hello My Love", I stammered;
I always call him "My Love" in times like these.
"I left my keys in the car, and it has been stolen."
There was a period of silence.
I thought the call had disconnected, but then I heard his voice.
He barked, "I dropped you off!"

Now it was my time to be silent.
Embarrassed, I said, "Well, come and get me."

He retorted, "I will, as soon as I convince this policeman I have not stolen your  ***** car."

This is what they call, "the Golden Years!"

Andre

• Full Mayhemer
Re: A Lady's golden year
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 02:22:56 am »

Thank you I really enjoyed that one.  O0 {-) O0 {-) %%

Andre
Portland Oregon

morley bill 1

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 09:48:50 am »

Great hope it/s true.......Bill.....

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 05:52:28 pm »

Reminds me of the time the wife and I stayed near Blackpool, and went to the town early in the morning, the large car park near the main shopping centre was almost empty maybe ten cars or so, we parked up and feed the machine to the tune of 4 hours, we retuned 4 hours later and could not believe our eyes there must have been a couple of thousand cars there and I had absolutely no idea where our car was, everything looked different with the car park full,  it took almost half an hour to find it, with the wife worrying about the ticket being over time  %% %%

geoff p

• Full Mayhemer
    • Purple Tiger
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 07:22:35 am »

Many years ago, I used to park in a lay-bye across the road from our house.  I always left the keys in the ignition so I knew where they would be next morning.  Inevitably the car got stolen, so I reported the details to our village Bobby.

A day or so later said Bobby told me the car had been found, and asked me to go to Cirencester Town police station to get it back.

The sargent on duty, a BIG bloke, solemnly handed me the keys without saying anything.  That humiliation was punishment-enough!

Geoff

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 09:30:18 am »

Aye and today if you did that and the thief got injured you could be sued :-))

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 10:12:44 am »

A neighbour of mine had a car of his stolen off his drive,he went out one Monday morning started the car and realised that he had left his wallet in the kitchen,he went back in doors to get it leaving the engine running,you guest it the car got stolen,so called joy riders stole it and wrote it off about two miles away,the insurance company refused to pay as he left keys in car also he had the wifes birthday present in the glove compartment a gold ring which was never seen again,2 mins foolishness cost that man £10,000 NEVER LEAVE KEYS IN CAR, saying that I left mine in the jeans which the wife put in the washing machine that cost me a few bob new key tag programming ect.    Ray.
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 10:51:52 am »

Many years ago, I too had a care stolen from a small car park in London.
I parked it up and went about my business, came back to find the car gone.
Looked about for it all over the multistory car park but it was gone.
... and not only was it gone but someone had changed the layout of the car park slightly.
..... after a hour of searching and head scratching, I realized I was in the wrong car park!
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

GAZOU

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 11:18:17 am »

I had parked the car in front of at my home. All locked up OK.ll

In the morning I go to take the car

No car .............

I return fast in the house WE HAD THE THE CAR STOLEN!!

My wife goes out on the road

She says: I sees it over there .................

I had not applied the parking brake lot and the car had rolled down the road and fell in the ditch.

The doctor of the village passes  (by chance)) and says with a big smile: is it OK? no wounded persons

My wife   >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 12:20:36 pm »

Went to Alton Towers with a friend and my daughter some years back. Big open car park. When we came out it was dark and raining, so everyone was coats and hoods. Couldn't find my car!
So we were going up and down in line astern, me - friend - my daughter, and after 10 minutes or so I found the car. Turned round and there was my friend ... no daughter  :o
So more desperate searching. (We did find her eventually - she hadn't been paying attention and at some point had started following someone else. After a few minutes they'd turned round and said "Why are you following me?")

I can't remember if I've ever told my wife about that - I certainly didn't at the time, it would've been  >>:-(  for days.

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 03:40:44 pm »

The only time I have ever technically forgot where we parked, was in 2005 in the Disney car park at orlando - now apart from the car parks needing a 10min ride on a trolly bus, just to get to the entrance being a norm, the car parks are huge, then there is the added problem of it being a hire car, I thought we were in the third line of cars of the third car park (at 7:30am and we were in the THIRD car park !!!!!!), on returning to the car there was the distraction that a 4x4 had an engine fire in the third line of cars so some panic ensued - not knowing if our car was in close proximity - well it wasn't I think were in the fifth or seventh line and well to one side of the incident, didn't stop some pillock almost t boning the car when we got on the main road though, he was on his mobile and driving too fast.
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 04:24:30 pm »

I had the opposite experience once. We were in San Diego and wanted to take the tram down to the Mexican border for the day. Managed to find a space in a huge car park in San Diego for the hire car and left happily for our excursion. Got back late afternoon to find our car was the only one left in the car park and half the US Navy appeared to be putting to sea across the nearby harbour.

The date was 9th September 2001!

Colin

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2014, 04:33:43 pm »

An elderly couple pulled into a filling station and the husband got out, filled the tank and went off to pay. While he was away his wife decided to use the facilities. Husband came back got in and drove off. About 10 miles down the road he was pulled over by the police and told that he had left his wife at the filling station.

"Thank god for that" He said, "I thought I'd gone deaf!"
Don't Assume Check

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2014, 04:39:15 pm »

{-) Some blokes have all the luck %% %% %% %%
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2014, 10:03:48 pm »

:police:  I was on patrol many years ago with another officer when we spotted a car parked in our village which we did not recognise. A check of our list immediately told us that it was reported stolen. It was locked. We tried to radio for a recovery vehicle but as we were in a radio 'blind-spot' we went to use the nearest phone-box some quarter mile away. Having organised said recovery vehicle and got a congrat from our boss we returned to the abandoned car only to find it had disappeared! We raced around the area and put out another call as the car could not have gone far. As we returned eventually to the scene - there it was, parked, still locked, where we had found it originally! My mate sat on the bonnet until recovery arrived!! :police:

GAZOU

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 08:08:04 am »

My mate sat on the bonnet until recovery arrived!!
:police:

What is the best way to find the thief  O0  {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)  %)

Nordsee

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 02:02:31 pm »

Great Story! Many years ago a friend of mine had his car stolen, a Ford 105E Anglia, ( I said it was a long time ago!!) He searched around the town and finally reported the theft to the Police, and informed hie Insurance Company. A week or so later he was walking through town and he saw his car parked in the Multi Story park, having the key still on his Keyring he unlocked the car and drove away, very happy! On the way home he thought he had better tell the Police he had the car again, so went to the Police Station, reporting having the car again took longer than expected, and when he emerged from the Cop Shop, his car was gone, never to be seen again. True Story.

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 03:00:23 pm »

Back in the days of naughty cb radios, I bought one of those 108'' s/steel whip aerials. It came with a bracket which bolted around the rear bumper, and the aerial screwed into a huge spring, which in turn screwed into the bracket. So, after duly installing it and driving around the town with this thing waving about in the breeze, I parked the car on our driveway, locked it up, and went indoors. Came out in the morning...some thieving little git had nicked it.

I bought another one...this time the aerial was welded to the spring which was welded to the bracket, which was welded around the rear bumper. Feeling smug, I parked the car on the driveway, and went indoors. Came out the next morning...you know what's coming, don't you? No aerial...

Some thieving little git had unbolted the whole rear bumper and nicked the whole lot...
Rich

K-157 Vepr. Akula-II (project 971U)
---------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~  "Motorflotes need love too...."  ~~~~~~~

MotorFlote build log : http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15222.0.html

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 03:40:04 pm »

And you called each other "Good Buddies %% {:-{ %%

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 21 queries.