Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "PATRIOT " by John Smith  (Read 5965 times)

Den W

• Full Mayhemer
"PATRIOT " by John Smith
« on: September 26, 2014, 07:25:17 pm »

The "PATRIOT" offshore model power boat by John Smith is no Longer available from  any source other than that of Riptide Models or John Smith PERSONALLY .the moulds were collected from Prestwich Models supplier  "James Taylor"of Taylormadeboats  and returned to John smith on 26/08/2014... any boats sold after this date are of a questionable nature ,as we were assured there were no other boats available nor moulds replicated to produce this boat .. The boat  is also known as a "Saturn" which was the production name of Prestwich Models..Please be aware that all boats produced with John Smiths authority have a production number laminated into the hull, if you have one without this number we would like to know its origin..MANY THANKS for your co-operation in this matter.....DenW on behalf of John Smith of Riptide Models
1 Small Part of  "OMRA,s" Great Team

dizzywun

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: "PATRIOT " by John Smith
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 05:42:06 pm »

Hi, Are Riptide still producing hulls?. I have tried posting on the Facebook page and also Emailed John Smith directly, no reply from either so far. I could do with a new Patriot for next season.

Cheers

Den W

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 02:21:51 pm »

pLEASE LOOK UNDER riptide  model boats   FACEBOOK   ...SHOULD GET YOU TO jOHN

dizzywun

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 05:38:03 pm »

Tried that Den, didn't work, Thanks anyway.

Den W

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 08:34:23 am »

Hi,I saw John yesterday and told him about your question ,,if you message me your details and phone number I will pass it on to him for you ,cheers for now...DenW

phillnjack3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2021, 11:07:39 pm »

I take it you do know that if you own a boat (you bought and paid for it or got it as a gift) there is nothing to stop you taking a mold of it and making your own from your own mold. !!
Now unless there have been patents put in  to the patent office and these have come back fully secured then anyone can make as many of these
as they like.
Owning molds dont mean you own copywrite ..
And 99.999% of boats re-produced will not be exactly the same due to shrinkage etc..
Also being as the molds were sold on from original owner any copywrite goes out the window once 2nd owner has sold it..

the build quality ? yes could be inferior, but could also be superior, as some may see the weak points and make those particular places stronger etc.
some maybe made their one from Kevlar or carbon fibre ? some might have a core on the hull ?

I myself own the spirit of the south and I can see very easy the patriot is a copy of that boat and then slightly altered on the superstructure.
But nobody ever moaned about that happening... I bet jeff harper the maker of the spirit of the south never got asked about using his boat hulls ?

Also there has been hundreds of boats splashed over the years by many companies and many individuals, this also happens in full size boat, DATELINE and SIDEWINDER boats, plus a few others who have done it.. even fletcher copied a few other boat hulls that did not have a full copywrite on them.
Now also do remember that PAT PENDING means nothing, just  that a patent as been applied for NOT given..

just thought people needto know there is nothing at all stopping people copying/cloning boats, cars or anything you want it if dont have full copywrite.
just look at the amount of apache 57 hulls around the uk. I bet not even 5% of these came from usa where they were original made.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 23 queries.