Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi everyone, and a bit of advice please  (Read 2309 times)

Jeman

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Hi everyone, and a bit of advice please
« on: October 01, 2014, 08:51:13 pm »

Hi there,
I've just joined this great hobbie and forum, so wanted to say hello and also ask for a bit of advice. I recently bought a vosper perkasa that has a few bits missing. The boat is 49 inches long so my first question is what scale would it be ?  I was thinking 1/24 but if anyone could advise me. The second question is where do I go/contact for parts. Most of the deck fittings are missing, torpeado tubes and mast etc etc but it does have the front and rear guns. Haven't got a clue as to what make it is. The hull is fibreglass and the deck and upper cabin are of ply wood i think. Got it at a garage sale. It's such a nice looking boat I really want to get it up and running, but looking spot on also
Any advice would be great

Cheers
Mark

cuppa

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Hi everyone, and a bit of advice please
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 09:29:44 am »

Hi Jerman

Welcome to the forum.

i think you are correct that your Perkasa is 1/24 scale given the full size boats 96 foot length. Sounds like it could well be a Precedent kit.

Here is a website listing 1/24 Perkasa fittings; http://www.battlecrafts.co.uk/index.php/complete-fittings-kits/172-kd-perkasa-in-1-24-scale

Cheers
          Jon

jarvo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Etherow model boat club
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 11:10:56 am »

HI Jeman

I was at a boat show earlier this year, there was a man that makes scale fittings, torpedo tubes guns and mounts, give him a ring,

Michael Mcguinn, 20 Rochester Avenue, Bolton, BL2  5ED.

email. bigfatmike20@hotmail.com

Regards

Mark
Tugs are for pulling

lakesidebob

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 07:04:28 pm »

Hi JEMAN and welcome to the forum.I too am a relative new boater and I acquired a 50" Perkasa similar to yours which does sound,from your descripton like the Precedent version I have.I love mine,it has great presence on the lake,runs on a single 850 Torpedo Motor on 12v with a 50mm racing prop and planes brilliant....and burbles...Is a big boat,heavy as well,but worth the armache.I hope you can obtain the missing parts you need from the Battlecraft site which I didn't know about either,so big thanks  :-)) to CUPPA who pointed it out.Good luck with your Perk.Bob.

Jeman

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 06:41:59 am »

Thanks guys, I'm really happy with mine, but lots of work to do <:(  The battlecraft site is a real lifeline for getting the correct looking quality parts for these boats. Mines going on the back burner sadly due to another rc boat project, but won't be for long.......fingers crossed.  All the best
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 21 queries.