Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2251 times)

astroscouse

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Hello
« on: October 24, 2014, 09:21:42 am »

We are asked to tell members a little about our other interests; one of mine is Astronomy, images of my Observatory equipment and one deep sky object, the Rosette nebula attached.

Dick

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 09:40:45 am »

that is so incredible and so mind blowing..............Don't know where Himbleton is, dick, but I could spend hours and hours looking through that equipment of yours.....I'd have lock jaw just in awe of those sights.........truly amazing.........PLEASE PLEASE, post some more photos of that sort of truly magnificent hobby of yours. cheers, neil.

AlwynTurner

• Shipmate
  • Golden oldie
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 09:43:03 am »

Hi Dick, that is one mean astronomy setup, I have a scope which has been sitting in my wardrobe but the seeing here is lousy with the light pollution, so maybe one day I will get around to using it. What sort of boats are you building/planning?
Cheers
Al
To err is human, if you really want to screw things up get a computer

astroscouse

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 10:19:50 am »

Hello Al, thanks for your note. Yes, I am very lucky to have a nice Observatory and equipment, I do a lot of long exposure deep sky photography and all the beautiful objects up in the sky are free, you just need time and patience.  Where do you live Al ? I am in Himbleton, Worcestershire.
I am just converting a Seaport Tug and she now looks good and is sailing well. I have a Seawind of which I am very proud and pleased, she sails beautifully, fast. I have bought a Volans Trimaran and a Stockmaritime stage one tuning kit and will try to build her over the winter. I have a KWIK KAT Catamaran I built in the 70's which I am converting to R/C , she is about 24 inches long and I don't think there is another one in existence !!  In 1973 I built a Keil Kraft "Otter" Tugboat which was free running on a four and a half volt flat battery and I have managed to squeeze radio into her 11 inches hull; she sails great and I bet she's unique too ! Are you going to the boat show at Warwick in November ? I need some figures for my Tug and have never been to a model boat show.
I also have a Veron Viceroy kit to build and recently bought a speedboat off ebay from the 80's with a Graupner 7022 geared set up, don't know what she is but will put some images on and maybe someone will be able to I/D.  I am retired now Al and love my models, aircraft and boats. If you are going to Warwick would be nice to see you.
Kind Regards

Dick

AlwynTurner

• Shipmate
  • Golden oldie
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 10:54:34 am »

Hi Dick, I am in Derbyshire near Buxton, but we get a lot of light pollution from Stockport. Unfortunately I can't make the Warwick show due to family commitments but maybe in the future we can meet up. I have just started modelling again for the first time since my teens as I am now retired, and am working on a scratch built LCVP made from plascard:
http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah216/AlTurner/DSCF1598_zpsd63d3278.jpg
I've rigged and tested all the r/c stuff and it's just down to finishing and painting. The worst is the figures as I can't find any 1/16 US or UK figures, so it's down to paperclips and milliputty which takes forever! You sound as though you have some really interesting projects in the mill, we must keep in touch! I am just busy doing the plan/design for a scratch build of an LCM6 in 1/16 using plywood, and then maybe get a 1/16 r/c sherman for it.
Best regards, Al

astroscouse

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 11:33:48 am »

Al, that is a wonderful piece of work 10/10, you are a damn good modeller. Last weekend I was at the Peak star party near Buxton, Chelmorton where the skies are black.

Kind Regards

Dick

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 08:18:27 pm »

http://www.speedlinemodels.com/page30aaa.html for us figures
try 120mm wwii us infantry in google and ebay.
look on 1/16 model tank sites as well
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 08:25:01 pm »

SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

AlwynTurner

• Shipmate
  • Golden oldie
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 08:12:52 am »

Hi Klunk thanks for the heads up on the Dragon 1/18 posable figures, they look perfect. I just need to find someone who stocks them as tankzone are out of stock but I'll persevere with that, may even try ordering direct from US. Thanks again, Al
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 23 queries.