Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red Cross Ship S.S Vega  (Read 2038 times)

jimmyc

• Full Mayhemer
Red Cross Ship S.S Vega
« on: October 31, 2014, 12:31:13 pm »

The Jersey model boat club are building a waterline model of the 'Vega.  The model will be at 1/35 scale making it just over 6ft-8ins.  The Vega is probably the most known ship in the Islands, She brought in all the food supplies for the civilian population of all the Channel Isles from late 1944 until the liberation in May '45.  After D-day all food was cut off from France so the Red Cross brought in food parcels, also medical supplies  from the neutral port of Lisbon, the parcels were from Canada, New Zealand and even a few from India, which again was shipped to Lisbon by neutral ships. The occupying German forces were not allowed to touch any of the cargo supplied by the Red Cross. The model is being built for the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Jersey, and to raise money for the Red Cross at various venue's throughout the year.     There is a build log on the club website.
                                          jerseymodelboatclub.com       just click on Vega project
              P/S  according to my dad the Germans ate our dog (Laddie)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Red Cross Ship S.S Vega
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 01:46:49 pm »

could you post pictures of your build< jimmy please.............would love to see it develop. was in Guernsey 4 years ago and the place just fascinated me......with all the WW2 artefacts abundant. neil.

jimmyc

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 02:52:50 pm »

Hi Neil     I will ask one of our members who is involved with the building   to post pictures. As usual I put camera in bag ready  and forget.      (I think it's an age thing)        Jim

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 04:34:22 pm »

cheers Jim. neil. :-))

jimmyc

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 12:42:28 pm »

A few pics of the Jersey Model Boat Clubs SS Vega project.

To view more pictures and updates, please visit www.jerseymodelboatclub.com

Thanks,
Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.