Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Titanic  (Read 3703 times)

mickyrubble

• Full Mayhemer
Titanic
« on: November 23, 2014, 06:12:30 pm »

A recent  Irish expedition to the Titanic wreck site has discovered that the swimming pool is still full

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Titanic
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 10:45:54 pm »

That's amazing after all these years :o %% {-) I wonder if it's salt or fresh water??? %)

Peter.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 10:52:24 pm »

That's amazing after all these years :o %% {-) I wonder if it's salt or fresh water??? %)

Peter.

Talking of which , how is Titanic II getting on over there ?.

mickyrubble

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 11:12:31 pm »

They didnt get the contract,due to defects  in the first one
 {-) O0 {-) O0 {-)

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 02:55:15 pm »

Better than my swimming pool. Its got the winter cover on and this morning when walking past and whistling it seemed to be giving back a big echo. Undid a corner of the cover and it was empty!

What an idiot I am- two weeks ago the rain in Spain (lol) was so torrential the rainwater filled the pool to overflowing, the cover has vents in to allow rainwater in. Anyway to drain some off I pumped to waste, once level was down I turned the pump back to automatic.

What I DIDN'T DO was turn the valve back from waste to circulation, so each time the pump has timed to come on its pumped all the water to waste {:-{ {:-{

Its now going to cost me another 460€ for another 80.000 litres of water to be delivered :(( :((

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 03:19:09 pm »

mmmmmmm  :o

80.000 litres [of water] could be an interesting test tank  :embarrassed:

1m wide x 1m deep x 80m long  :-)) ........ [but not much surface area for a three point turn  <*<]

I would need a glass of RED ned & a Vegemite sandwich to walk the length  {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)....  Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 03:52:55 pm »

Its now going to cost me another 460€ for another 80.000 litres of water to be delivered :(( :((
Or wait for it to rain again ...

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 04:03:21 pm »

The one on the Titanic got filled up for free,although people like me would be travelling steerage and not seen the swimming pool,Ray
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 09:53:29 pm »

Talking of which , how is Titanic II getting on over there ?.

That seems to have faded away, like a lot of Clive Palmer's ridiculous ideas. Nothing has been said in the press for a long time, and I doubt we'll ever hear of it again.

For those who don't know who Clive Palmer is, he's a multi-millionaire who made his money from the mining industry. He started a football (soccer) team based on the Gold Coast, but then closed off most of the stadium seating as the ground's owners charged according to the amount of seating used in each match. He decided he didn't want to pay the money asked, so he took the above action. Needless to say, that didn't go down too well with the fans. He eventually walked away from the club, saying that Rugby League was a better game anyway <*<  and the club eventually folded.

His next big venture was to form a new political party called the Palmer United Party, or PUP. This party won a couple of seats in the Upper House (Senate) at the last election, one member is a somewhat radical woman from Tasmania, and the other a former Rugby League player. The woman has just been expelled from the PUP because she dared to argue with Palmer, and she now sits as an independent. Another PUP member was elected to the Senate in a special election in April, following a case in the Court of Disputed Returns. Palmer himself was elected to the Lower House, but he's been accused of hardly ever showing up for parliamentary sittings.

The Titanic project is typical of the man, all talk and very little substance, and I don't think that many Australians actually believed that it would come to anything.

Peter.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 10:50:13 pm »

mmmmm.... ;) if Titanic II were ever launched ....a good choice of Captain would be the same ........ex PUP member radical type woman from Tasmania  ) ...she would get my vote..... :-))

After all ...she proudly wore the uniform of an Australian Army soldier  .......and now is standing in defiance of PUP and the Government for a pay increase % for all Defence force personal that is at least parallel with the CPI

I do understand MBM is not a vehicle for political comment....so will PM our Member Phill from Tassie how ask how constituents in that Island really feel about her

Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 11:57:53 pm »

I find hard to feel sorry for you guys down south when you have trouble with your swimming pools, try taking the cover of in the spring around here if you forgot to drain it before you left in your land yacht for six months in Florida or points south is big trouble. However the pool is a little longer & wider when the winter & the ice have finished its work, Mick B.
Mick B.

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 08:48:29 pm »

No ice here Mick, the temperature has been in the mid 30s Celsius for the last week, and it's not even summer yet. It's cloudy today though, and the forecast temperature is a pleasant 25, a welcome change, but we desperately need some decent rain.

It's good to see you posting again :-))

Peter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 23 queries.