Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Les Brown’s Royal Navy Torpedo Vessels 1870-1914  (Read 633 times)

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!
Les Brown’s Royal Navy Torpedo Vessels 1870-1914
« on: February 18, 2023, 04:54:39 pm »

Hi everyone

A recommendation from myself after receiving my copy this morning. Les Brown’s (no relation  ok2 ) latest book ‘Royal Navy Torpedo Vessels 1870-1914 is a brilliant book on this subject. Mainly covering the Victorian era of development it also covers the rather fantastical looking but probably completely impractical HMS Vulcan- the torpedo boat mothership- a model I intend to build once the Invincible/Glorious battlecruiser projects are finished.
It also contain some helpful diagrams and photos of a majority of the main variants including torpedo launchers and handling equipment. I’m going to be drooling over some of the pictures this evening. :-))
Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
Re: Les Brown’s Royal Navy Torpedo Vessels 1870-1914
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2023, 03:20:26 pm »

Ooh that looks like a fine update from the earlier work in the light yellow cover.

Does it come with a folded plan for one of the boats? Build your Vulcan so we can nuzzle our 1;96th scale destroyers alongside for some wartime depot work :) I bet she would have been reconfigured for such work once WW1 started for the larger destroyers as well.
Pond weed is your enemy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 23 queries.