Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: revell 1/72 flower class corvette  (Read 28075 times)

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
Re: revell 1/72 flower class corvette
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2017, 08:50:26 pm »

Don't forget the Bat searchlight Ken:O)

I love the idea of the 'Bat Laser', very proper.

Pond weed is your enemy

kpnuts

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2017, 06:50:29 pm »

Hi all here's the next instalment

stevesteve

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2017, 07:31:57 am »

Just been looking through this topic, interesting to see something so different from the original kit, built on imagination instead of following the same old.

One thing, did you change out that speed controller yet? A esc will remove so much resistance from the circuit and also save you tonnes of power, if you buy from China and can wait for up to 3 weeks you can get them for peanuts, I never buy anything in the UK anymore,  things are so much more expensive when bought from UK sellers!

You can get a decent electronic speed controller for less than a tenner ( depending on your amperage requirements)  and free postage  you can get a flysky fs-i6  6ch 2.4ghz transmitter that can easily have it's software upgraded to 10 ch and it even comes supplied with a 6 ch receiver for £35! With 6 or even 10 channels to play with you could control all manner of bat gadgets on the boat!

The place to get all your rc electrics and just about any other gadget is a site called banggood.com yes, I know, it sounds like a adult site but it's an alladins cave of things for sale and they are trustworthy and reliable,  in 170 orders from them so far, I've not had a single item fail to arrive and if sonething is wrong with an item there customer service is good.

Some things are so cheap I don't know how they manage to make a profit,  for example,  I can buy a main gear for my rc helicopter for just 80p and it's delivered from China for free, I bought 10 smd led's the other day from them for 75p and free postage!

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2017, 09:00:53 am »

Apart from the benefits of large scale production I think it's pretty obvious how they keep prices low.

You probably wouldn't like to work there.

Colin

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2017, 10:34:05 am »

Just been looking through this topic, interesting to see something so different from the original kit, built on imagination instead of following the same old.

One thing, did you change out that speed controller yet? A esc will remove so much resistance from the circuit and also save you tonnes of power, if you buy from China and can wait for up to 3 weeks you can get them for peanuts, I never buy anything in the UK anymore,  things are so much more expensive when bought from UK sellers!

You can get a decent electronic speed controller for less than a tenner ( depending on your amperage requirements)  and free postage  you can get a flysky fs-i6  6ch 2.4ghz transmitter that can easily have it's software upgraded to 10 ch and it even comes supplied with a 6 ch receiver for £35! With 6 or even 10 channels to play with you could control all manner of bat gadgets on the boat!

The place to get all your rc electrics and just about any other gadget is a site called banggood.com yes, I know, it sounds like a adult site but it's an alladins cave of things for sale and they are trustworthy and reliable,  in 170 orders from them so far, I've not had a single item fail to arrive and if sonething is wrong with an item there customer service is good.

Some things are so cheap I don't know how they manage to make a profit,  for example,  I can buy a main gear for my rc helicopter for just 80p and it's delivered from China for free, I bought 10 smd led's the other day from them for 75p and free postage!

Yes, the customer service is excellent and if the item is not up to expectations it is replaced or refunded no haggles.

With regards to it being a bad place look at you local manufacturers who have set up shop in China, as they have done so from Australia.

Have a look at AliExpress, much bigger range and pricing, it is set up something like ebay with lots of suppliers to choose from O0 O0
Gunna build those other boats one day.

kpnuts

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2017, 06:09:45 pm »

Hi all nearing completion, here is the next update.

kpnuts

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2017, 06:14:37 pm »

Hi all here is the next update, almost done now I thought I would put the bat tank with it just to make it less boring.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2017, 03:06:17 pm »

They are lovely Ken! The Helo made from a Light bulb to make the round canopy is inspired.
Pond weed is your enemy

kpnuts

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2017, 07:30:37 pm »

Hi all as I said before attempting to get some models finished so I can devote all my attention to the ducati. This is nearly finished now (just the rigging to go) I've decided not to put the other lifeboats on (may even remove the ones on there and add something else) I've also decided not to paint the railings to add a bit more interest, if I change my mind they will be red, anyway here are pics of where I am now.

My next one to finish will be the Thermopylae.

kpnuts

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2017, 06:26:14 pm »

Hi all well it's finally done being completely honest I think it's ended up looking very boring, I think I should have picked a different super hero, like the incredibles or maybe the fantastic 4 I would have weathered it with differing shades of black for the different panels as someone did suggest but I don't think I've ever seen a bat vehicle that wasn't perfectly matt black or perfectly gloss black. Anyway here it is, at sometime in the future maybe I will revamp in  another colour scheme.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2017, 06:49:15 pm »

If Batman was not anchored to the forties then I would say that the hull shape was not as exciting as the subject. But it uses period super weapons, it has the power plant of the era namely a huge turbojet, and uses a hull that is very period, (It even has a Whirlybird Helicopter! So while not as super dooper as the things modern Batman uses, it oozes the styles and aspirations of Batman's true era.

You gat a big  :-)) from me Ken. Keep on being interesting.
Pond weed is your enemy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.