The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Working Vessels

SD 14 Card Model

(1/77) > >>

Howard:
Hi Gents,
I have just started making a model of the SD14  its build in 0.7mm card and will be over 7ft long when built at the moment I've made the bow section double bottom tanks and the midship bottom shell plates it's like building the real ship but in card and not steel scale is 1:70 close to 5 thousand bits to cut out and think it may take about three or four years to do, am going to make her sailable and radio controlled I would just like to say that a member on here called Carlmt has so far giving me some very good help as he, and his father made one a few years back would any one be interested in me doing a build thread on here but as I say it could be a few years in the making,plus I'll have to work out how to post photos up as I've never done that before.
                                 Regards Howard.

Martin (Admin):

http://www.marcle.co.uk/sd14.htm

Brian60:
Just start a topic about it in the Working Vessels section. Add your photos and brief description of what you've done or problems you have found as you go. If it drops off the page between your posts just do a search for your topic title and add more as and when you come to it.

Most people like to finish a boat in reasonable time, but reasonable depends on size and amount of detail you are aiming at. I've finished my sailing trawler in about 15 months. I've now embarked on my anchor handler, I want that done in about 6 months if possible. I'm also starting a scratch built card model, that I don't want to take more than a couple of weeks. If it takes you four years then so it does, no problem this forum will still be here.

But I think you'll find that once you start time will fly by and you'll possibly finish it in half the time- either that or the job will be so immense you put it to one side and never complete it {-) {-)

carlmt:
Howard - I find the best way to post up photos is via a hosting site such as Photobucket.  The photos are then 'linked' to the site as opposed to sitting directly on it.  You have to be careful to keep them on the PB site and not move them anywhere otherwise the link is broken and the photo doesnt show up.

If you find that you are having difficulty in this, email me the photos and I will host them and pop them up for you.

Really looking forward to seeing this one come together  :-))   :-))  - would be great to have both r/c SD14's sailing together!!!
Carl

poll:
  Hi Howard.
  That's some large job you have took on good luck with the build, these are some photos of San George SD14 at 1.32 scale, the ship is
  at Balne Moor mbc. We Tow her on tug towing events, you are welcome to come along and have a look round the model. The model
  was launched at Wirral m.b.c  with about 8 tugs in attendance what a great day.

John
                         POLL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version