Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turnigy TGY-i10  (Read 4514 times)

hama

• Full Mayhemer
Turnigy TGY-i10
« on: January 29, 2015, 03:19:40 pm »

Hello!
Took a decision to leave the dark ages and get myself a programmable 2,4 GHz radio. Totally sold when I saw this one on the net, with itīs touch screen and many, many switches and knobs. On further investigation it seems to be Three more or less similar radios under different brands; Carson ultimate touch, Flysky FS-i10 and Turnigy TGY-i10. The Turnigy beeing the cheepest one, but you get some extra things such as an I-Bus and some telemetry Equipment in the box. The Carson radio is supplied with an extra set of spring for the sticks so that you can have all sticks centered, something I would have appreciated. I managed to make my own spring set as I wanted all sticks to be centered.
I bought a 6ch Flysky rx locally here in Sweden and it worked great so I guess all Three brands are compatible. Only thing was that the binding didīnt go according to instructions on the Flysky rx, it looked as if it didīnt bind but it does. With the 10ch Turnigy rx the tx clearly show that the bind is succesful.
So far I have come to really like the programming and how to use this radio. It has 10ch and you can dedicate any of the channels to any of the sticks, switches and knobs and its really easy and informative. You can store 20 models and every mode, trim, mix AND reciever bind is stored to that model memory. You just choose your model of choice in the list and your clear to sail. On the bad side so far what Iīve learned through the net;  poor quality on the Micro usb-port for charging so can come loose. Followed advise on RC-Groups and epoxied this on the inside. Further, one of the 3-way switches only have Three positions in the firmware. Apparently the other two brands have a 2-way switch here and someone forgot to adjust the firmware on the Turnigy radio.
Well, a Little report from a totally newbie on "computer radios"!
All the best!
Hama

hama

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Turnigy TGY-i10
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 03:32:31 pm »

Further, a report from my "mixing experiments". Perhaps old news to you but I got excited when I achived this!
This radio can store 5 "conditions", each condition with their own mixing and adjustments. I came up with 4 different modes that I assigned to their own switches, Manual, Cruise, Harbour and Dock mode for my twinscrew, bowthruster ferry. Later I decided I only needed 3 modes, Manual, Cruise and Dock, and assigned them to the 3-way switch.
I made some sketches to try to explain the whole lot. The second sketch with the boatsymbols show the Dock mode. Only tried it in the bathtub so far but it worked great!
Hama

hama

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 03:34:48 pm »

Just realized that my sketches are almost impossible to view... Sorry, Iīll see if I can fix this.
Hama

hama

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 04:00:55 pm »

Try again...
Edit; well, perhaps the worst Pictures seen on this forum. Apologies, but thats it for now. Perhaps I can make something in the computer instead if someone is interested that is./Hama

hama

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 09:45:43 pm »

Hello again!
I had posted better images here but they disappeared in the latest forum hick up.
Anyway, I tried to make a short video that explains most of it instead, but it was difficult to hold the camera and try to manoeuvre the sticks at the same time. And even though it looks like a dead calm it was quite windy in the small patch of open water I found for my trials.
All the best!
Hama
http://youtu.be/RuhSfuwGEHQ
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.