Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Servo centred - not!  (Read 9365 times)

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
Re: Servo centred - not!
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2015, 08:57:26 am »

OK, OK, I hold my hands up.  I don't know I'm born, I've never had it so good, I am counting my blessings.  But a measure of Scotch with every servo? Those really were the good old days!!   :-)) :-)) {-) {-)

Greg

inertia

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2015, 09:05:23 am »

Point of Information:
For those of you under the age of 103, the original M-Series Futaba FD16M proportional servos came with either clockwise or anticlockwise rotation. They were identified by the colour of the frame around text on the label i.e. red or black. It was possible to change them over by swapping over the wires at each end of the pot and also those on the motor, but not - as one individual suggested - by peeling off the label and replacing it with one of the opposite colour..............
Yes - silliness has always been an integral part of radio-modelling.

grasshopper

• Full Mayhemer
    • A1 Hobbies Ltd.
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2015, 12:13:47 pm »

The first Futaba servos I had were brown bricks with five wires to the lead and no option of reversed operation. The reciever was about the size of a Swan Vesta matchbox with multi pin sockets on 3" leads...

The first Rx and servos were lost when I launched my old 'school girl' biplane off a hill in Hong Kong and suffered loss of signal / control and she flew straight and level out out over the South China Sea, never to be seen again!

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2015, 07:26:59 pm »

Point of Information:
For those of you under the age of 103, the original M-Series Futaba FD16M proportional servos came with either clockwise or anticlockwise rotation. They were identified by the colour of the frame around text on the label i.e. red or black. It was possible to change them over by swapping over the wires at each end of the pot and also those on the motor, but not - as one individual suggested - by peeling off the label and replacing it with one of the opposite colour..............
Yes - silliness has always been an integral part of radio-modelling.
Couldn't you just put the label back on upside down?
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 22 queries.