Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: aero-naut Classic  (Read 2708 times)

danielcardona

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
aero-naut Classic
« on: February 28, 2015, 10:37:07 am »

Hello to all

I recently purchased an Aeronaut classic boat kit, wonderfull piece of kit and it doesnt look complicated and everything is included in the kit.

My only concern it about the supplied prop shaft and propeller , the shaft itself I think is fine But its about 2mm dia and the propeller seems is permanentley fixed to it. Are proppellers for this kind of dia shaft common to find or should I use a larger dia shaft?

Any ideas?

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
Re: aero-naut Classic
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 10:52:22 am »

:-)) I built one of these some years back nice little boat which planes wonderfully,as for the prop and shaft you can remove it as I recall because I replace it with a brass prop like all my boats, these kits fit together very easy and are a joy to build so you will enjoy it ideal boat to get someone started in this hobby,Ray. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))   
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

danielcardona

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 11:20:48 am »

Thanks ray

It's a shame really, as the parts supplied are not bad at all, my concern is that the prop for that size of shaft doesnt look very common to buy. If damage occurs I think it wont be an easy replacment. Could be that i'm wrong tough.

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 07:54:59 am »

I replaced the propshaft with a 4mm setup and used a 30mm 3 blad hydroprop from graupner, motor is a 260Z BL 1380kv with a 18A Esc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3_VGfSnTho

My postings are only reflecting my own opinion and should not be read as the holy grail of truth :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 22 queries.