Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: UHF (400Mhz) for submarines  (Read 15160 times)

tsenecal

• Full Mayhemer
Re: UHF (400Mhz) for submarines
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2016, 07:01:24 am »

Batfish,

if you happen to own a Futaba 10c that is the previous generation (10cap or 10chp vs 10cg) then it would be as easy to convert as the 9cap (or ff9 as you guys know it).  if you don't own one, they are considerably more expensive on ebay than the 9cap is.

as to the other questions, i don't know the answers to that, i have only setup futaba 7, 8, 9 channel radios with the module style rf-decks, identical Robbe FC-28s, and the current generation FrSky equipment (taranis x9d and x9e)

16-21

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2016, 10:21:52 am »

Hi Tim,

I don't own a 10c, noticed one for sale on eBay
It is the older version with 35mhz module in the back as per 9c/ff9

I'm trying to find something suitable for the multiplex as i don't want it going to waste.

I found this whilst utilizing Google
http://www.fpvhobby.com/127-433-mhz-long-range-rc-system.html

The price can't match the orange modules Andy mentioned from hobby King.

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2016, 11:50:12 am »

You won't find a specific 433/458mhz module for Multiplex.

Multiplex were tied in with, or owned by Hitec. Hitec used a Futaba pinout for their modules in my experience. Whatever the case it doesn't really matter if the module has to be mounted internally. With these modules there are only three or four pins you need to concern yourself with- +V, Gnd and PPM, with the forth pin for telemetry which you may, or may not wish to use.

JR and Futaba had the same pins just in different locations. Annoying that they couldn't settle on a standard.

Pretty much any radio set conforming to the PPM standard (e.g. most, and certainly your Multiplex does) from the late 60's onwards could be adapted to run these modules. I think some modern 2.4ghz sets deviate from the PPM standard using custom coding, these can't be so easily adapted, but there's a plethora of cheap old sets out there.

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2016, 12:24:23 pm »

BTW, look online for Royal EVO 2.4ghz conversion. For instance I found the vid in the link, yes it's Italian, but I click on subtitle language conversion, and I can get enough information to see what needs to be done. On that conversion he retained the old tuner, this isn't necessary really, so you can unplug the old tuner board which leaves room for the replacement.

In a nutshell, your Evo can be converted, but you need to get your hands dirty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWnQKxb2-eg

16-21

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2016, 12:50:53 pm »

Hi Andy,

Thanks i did not realise hitec owned or was tied in with multiplex.
and thanks for the youtube link, very interesting.
If you check page one i also posted a YouTube link
Where you see the guy remove the module and then slip a small circuit board pre-wired onto the pins. Then he plugs in the Scherrer Tx.

I have found a few 40mhz sets going about for sale
However i think there is a good argument to change over to lrs, not only is Tx and Rx cheap 433/458 but it's still available and i think it might overtake 2.4 in the future.

16-21

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2016, 03:31:54 pm »

72mhz to 2.4 conversion in the states

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qXn2zlpVlFc

Looking at it i now wonder why the link i posted before has a small circuit board instead of the simple plug fitting shown here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qXn2zlpVlFc

tsenecal

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2016, 06:19:57 am »

However i think there is a good argument to change over to lrs, not only is Tx and Rx cheap 433/458 but it's still available and i think it might overtake 2.4 in the future.

i don't feel the same way.  433/458mhz is open source grass roots.  2.4ghz is backed by all the major for profit players, and the chinese.  2.4ghz has already won.   kind of like how next year is always the year that linux will get more than 10% of the desktop market.  i consider 433/458 the linux of radio equipment, with spektrum and futaba being the windows and mac of radio equipment.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 21 queries.