The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Pleasure boats, Sports, Race, Power and Leisure Boats:

Gwen Eagle

(1/2) > >>

subs1:
Does anyone have a copy of the article on building the Gwen Eagle , or can tell me when and where the article was printed .Our club has the Model Shipwright magazines from 1976 to 2005 ., if it's in there .
Regards Malcolm  NZ

Colin Bishop:
Gwen Eagle was featured in 'Scale Model Ships' by Reeve and Thomas first published in 1951 and reprinted in 1959. Only general comments are made in the book as it is assumed that the builder will already have the Shipwright plan.

If you Google the book title and authors then you will find a number of copies offered on the second hand market.

I treasure my copy as it was given to me as a Form Prize by my school in 1962-63.

Two of the book illustrations below.

Colin

mrzippy:
Gwen Eagle plans were available from the Bassett Lowke plans range many years ago, if that's any help,
and a very fine model built from the above was on display at the 2013 Warwick show,
please see photograph below. Paul

Colin Bishop:
Gwen Eagle is a very attractive design.

Colin

john goodwin:

If you do a google image search on Gwen Eagle boat - you will find some additional images on the following web site including some internal shots.

www.stilltimecollection.co.uk

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version