Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi from Western Australia  (Read 2436 times)

Bussoboater

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Hi from Western Australia
« on: March 22, 2015, 03:40:17 am »

It is only in the last few years that I have got into model boats, always model railways until we moved into a retirement village.
I started off building a Graupner Micro Magic which got into yachts, poor thing hardly gets used now as I bought a second hand International One Metre class yacht.  This I sail every Saturday with the Geograph Radio Yacht club.  I have also built a Graupner "Glasgow" paddle tug, an aeronaut cabin cruiser "Queen" and have just completed a semi scale River Class frigate from a plan in the Model Boats mag. I took this down to the lake where we race (IOM yachts) for it's maiden voyage but it was blowing a gale with with a lot of white caps on the water.
I found this forum when looking for information on the aeronaut Ramborator Springer Tug that I have just ordered from Cornwall Model Boats.

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Hi from Western Australia
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 03:57:51 am »

Gidday Busso,

You're  in good company as there are a couple of sand gropher members.
But the Easterners out number you all. %) %) %)

Welcome aboard. O0 O0
Gunna build those other boats one day.

mermod

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 07:45:12 am »

Hi Bussoboater, good to see more aussies on here, especially from WA, I was born in Freo and grew up in Mandurah back when it was a nice little seaside town (spent a lot of time at the old Peninsular caravan park) nice to hear there are a few more boat clubs happening over there now, if you ever need any help you've found the best forum :)

Phill
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
Isaac Asimov

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 09:50:51 am »

Hi Busso. welcome to the forum.
I was in Busselton on sea in 2007 very pleasant, nice memories.  Do you have the underwater viewing exhibit at the end of the pier?
What a lot of fishes!
best regards,
Roy

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 10:31:50 am »

Hello Bussoboater  and welcome to Mayhem.

Sounds like you've been busy.  We'd love to see some pictures.

Cheers

Ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 03:37:44 pm »

It is only in the last few years that I have got into model boats, always model railways until we moved into a retirement village.
I started off building a Graupner Micro Magic which got into yachts, poor thing hardly gets used now as I bought a second hand International One Metre class yacht.  This I sail every Saturday with the Geograph Radio Yacht club.  I have also built a Graupner "Glasgow" paddle tug, an aeronaut cabin cruiser "Queen" and have just completed a semi scale River Class frigate from a plan in the Model Boats mag. I took this down to the lake where we race (IOM yachts) for it's maiden voyage but it was blowing a gale with with a lot of white caps on the water.
I found this forum when looking for information on the aeronaut Ramborator Springer Tug that I have just ordered from Cornwall Model Boats.

Im in your part of the world in Oct this year. I will be looking out for some model boat action to get my fix when im out there.

Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

Bussoboater

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 05:03:13 am »

Hi Busso. welcome to the forum.
I was in Busselton on sea in 2007 very pleasant, nice memories.  Do you have the underwater viewing exhibit at the end of the pier?
What a lot of fishes!
best regards,
Roy
Hi, yes the underwater observatory is still there, it' s very popular although I think overpriced.  The jetty has been repaired and is now back to full length, plenty of fishing off it but I prefer my fish ready cooked with chips.
Bruce.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 22 queries.