Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tungsten Tipped Saw Blades  (Read 5985 times)

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
Tungsten Tipped Saw Blades
« on: April 16, 2015, 10:23:46 am »

Brian56................agree 100% that the £3.45 for a 3" x 24 teeth TCT saw blade is great value

Have two Chinese manufactured 7 1/4" TCT blade for my Metabo power saw & they are perfect quality :-))

I will purchase two of these ....http://www.banggood.com/85mm-24-Teeth-TCT-Circular-Saw-Blade-Wheel-Discs-For-Wood-Cutting-p-957702.html for spares for my Proxxon FKSE table saw

The FKSE motor specification is nondescript .....7000 RPM no load @ 1.5 amp  >:-o............my 240 Volt version naturally lists the motor as a special lower voltage DC

The motor appears to be a substantial sizing......fan cooled ...approx. 90 diameter motor casing

There also appears to be a duty rating in the Proxxon specification....however near continuous use within the limitations of the saw appears fine [as would be expected for the price]

Below is an image of the FKSE motor  sizing.......I somehow question %)  if  a 540 motor would be suitable for the same sized blade diameter aspect...... Derek

Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Tungsten Tipped Saw Blades
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 12:12:56 pm »

:-))......just purchased three Chinese blades ....for AUD$18.83 total

The original manufacturers replacement blade is AUD$41.70 each  + 10% GST + $15.00 postage = $60.87 ......>>:-(

I do understand the original manufacturers blade is 80 diameter & these generic blades are 85 diameter, however the Proxxon FKSE table saw lists an optional blade of 85 diameter O0...

I have checked...the 85 diameter TCT blade still has ~~5 mm clearance on diameter........ Derek
___________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Derek Warner,

Your Order #5776455 (placed on Thursday 16 April, 2015)

Order Grand Total:AU$18.83 - 3 x 85mm 24 Teeth TCT Circular Saw Blade Wheel Discs For Wood Cutting (SKU180269) AU$18.83

Derek Warner

Australia
www.ils.org.au

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 10:55:25 pm »

My apologies too Hellmut1956........ :embarrassed:

Could we ask a kind moderator to please move to content re-replacement tungsten saw blades over the past two days to an alternate thread topic?......

TCT Saw Blades ............. regards Derek
Derek Warner

Australia
www.ils.org.au

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 11:01:32 pm »

copied from Hellmuts thread...... "Presenting my workshop and how I am fighting uphill to get oder into it"               ...Derek
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
My apologies too Hellmut1956........ :embarrassed:

Moderators

I have opened a new thread in Chit Chat called "Tungsten Tipped Saw Blades" ....and pasted copy in that thread....

could I ask a kind moderator to please delete move to content of re-replacement tungsten saw blades over the past two days from Hellmuts thread

regards Derek
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary
Illawarra Live Steamers
Australia
www.ils.org.au

RAAArtyGunner
Full Mayhemer

View Profile
 Email
 Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Presenting my workshop and how I am fighting uphill to get oder into it

« Reply #40 on: Today at 10:12:59 PM »

ReplyQuote

Quote from: Hellmut1956 on Today at 02:37:47 PM

May I interrupt? I would like to use this thread to report the work and progress on my workshop and respond to questions, suggestions and critics and finally if as a result of what I am presenting in my posts somebody expresses his interest in the electronics tutorial! But right now the posts are totally unrelated to the topic of this thread!

[/b][/u]
Derek Warner

Australia
www.ils.org.au

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 07:36:26 am »

Topics Merged!   :-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 08:01:10 am »

Err not wanting to be pedantic or anything Martin. But when you split something are you not de-merging it? %% %%

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 10:00:36 am »

Sorry Captain pedantic! <*<

Topic split, de-mereged, new topic created!

Martin     ok2
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 10:14:43 am »

forgive Martin. He is trying to organise 2000 teabags and coffee for the same amount for Mayhem!
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 10:15:52 am »

There was I,  lying in bed, wondering what the day will bring.      {-)   {-)

ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 10:57:56 am »

Well.... ;) you can't criticise the Banggood.com Co for a delayed shipment  %)....will confirm the quality & balance when the blades arrive.......

:P but I am not sure what Martin is going to do with 2000 tea bags or 2000 spoons of coffee  {-) .... Derek
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Derek,

Thank you very much for your custom with Banggood.com. Your order was shipped out. You can login Banggood account to check your order information.

Banggood Order Number:
Order Date:
04/16/2015 05:04:58

Shipping Address:
Derek Warner
PO Box  Wollongong
Wollongong New South Wales
Australia

Tracking information may not be immediately available. If you have questions about this shipment, please read Banggood Help Center about shipping.

Shipment Details
Product Name   SKU Number   Unit Price   Quantity   Subtotal   Shipped Date   Tracking Number
85mm 24 Teeth TCT Circular Saw Blade Wheel Discs For Wood Cutting   SKU180269   US$4.69   3   US$14.07   04/16/2015 23:04:13   
Shipping Fee    AU$0.00      
Total Price   AU$18.83      
Derek Warner

Australia
www.ils.org.au

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 11:34:34 am »

I have used Banggood many times over the last few years and the stuff they sell is pretty good and the prices very keen.
Delivery time is about 7-14 days

I have one of these on the way, as one of the guys I work with bought one and said it was pretty good for the money
http://www.banggood.com/DIY-Mini-Table-Saw-Handmade-Woodworking-Model-Saw-With-Ruler-p-959473.html
It's not cost me anything as I used my Banggood points (every order gives you points which you can redeem against money off your next order)

Also these are very good
http://www.banggood.com/12V-4CH-Channel-315Mhz-Wireless-Remote-Control-Switch-p-960985.html
The range is excellent so could be used to control boat functions perhaps

I have a set of these LEDs wired to one of the remotes
http://www.banggood.com/3X-5M-300-SMD-5630-Warm-White-LED-Strip-Light-DC-12V-Waterproof-IP65-p-940908.html

The LEDS were then stuck to the underside of the overhang

Look nice and gives enough light to see down the garden

Sorry the last bit is a bit off topic  :embarrassed:

One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 11:38:05 am »

When I looked at the site Derek it looked to be a chinese version of ebay. I'll wait for your report back on the quality before placing an order. To be honest I'm looking for a slitting blade of that size, I've found with TCT blades is they waste as much material due to the width of the tips as you are trying to cut. In other words you want to strip a plank into 4 mm widths, for each width you cut, you lose 4mm of the plank to sawdust with the blade. This is not good when you are cutting expensive timbers, a slitting blade you would only lose maybe 1mm of timber.

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2015, 11:41:43 am »

That's just what I'm looking for Essex. I'll order one of those tables for delivery to Spanish address. The Proxxon equivelent is over £200 :o

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2015, 11:54:39 am »

No problem Brian.
So far (and I've spent far too much money there) I have not had a problem with anything purchased from there.

There are a couple of cheaper mini saws on there, but they do seem a little "too cheap" lol
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2015, 01:08:24 pm »

Brian56.......yes I understand the expense of quality timber, however the blades need understanding in kerf = [effective cut width] = wastage

a. the 85 diameter x 80 tooth HSS blade is listed as 0.5 thick, however with the tooth set = 1.1 mm kerf
b. the 80 diameter x 24 tooth TCT blade is listed as 1.5 mm thick, however has no tooth set so = 1.5 mm kerf
c. I acknowledge the generic 85 diameter x 24 tooth TCT blade is listed as 1.7 mm thick so = 1.7 mm kerf

A colleague used his 85 diameter x 80 tooth HSS blade on some sort of resin bonded [MDF] board & blued the teeth to bluntness <*< via resin build up on the teeth within approx. 20 meters of material cut

I have only used my FKSE TCT saw blade with cedar or and a soft Tassie Oak specie ...without any noticeable build up on the blade teeth.....................Derek

Derek Warner

Australia
www.ils.org.au

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2015, 08:59:41 pm »

I wonder what the material was? I have only experienced any build up on band saw blades that have gone blunt (My former college only changed the blade once a month unless it broke, so we had to accept that in the last week, we should not do any work that required accuracy!) so unless it was a gash blade, perhaps it was just wrong for the job?

Anyhow, it sounds to me like Martin has opened a forum tea room. What cakes will you be stocking? You cannot have a refreshing cuppa without cake; Fact!

Pond weed is your enemy

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2015, 03:15:47 am »

:-)).......85mm 24 Teeth TCT Circular Saw Blade Wheel Discs For Wood Cutting   SKU180269   US$4.69   

1. arrived in OZ 8 days after payment
2. appear to be CNC ground....every second tooth has reverse angled top rake & side rake ........identical tooth geometry to the factory original O0
3. true 1.7 mm kerf.....[the original is listed as 1.5 mm, however the actual blade is stamped and measures 1.6 mm]
4. perfect balance...perfect cut finish...literally no sanding required post cutting
5. each blade well protected with a clear nylon tube band around the teeth

Could not but highly recommend especially considering the cost   %).......

However I do not agree with the fourth safety logo.........using gloves when sawing  <*< .......Derek
Derek Warner

Australia
www.ils.org.au

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2015, 07:02:17 am »

:-)) .......85mm 24 Teeth TCT Circular Saw Blade Wheel Discs For Wood Cutting   SKU180269   US$4.69   

1. arrived in OZ 8 days after payment
2. appear to be CNC ground....every second tooth has reverse angled top rake & side rake ........identical tooth geometry to the factory original O0
3. true 1.7 mm kerf.....[the original is listed as 1.5 mm, however the actual blade is stamped and measures 1.6 mm]
4. perfect balance...perfect cut finish...literally no sanding required post cutting
5. each blade well protected with a clear nylon tube band around the teeth

Could not but highly recommend especially considering the cost   %) .......

However I do not agree with the fourth safety logo.........using gloves when sawing  <*< .......Derek

:-)) :-)) Why have safety logo's? that is all that is wrong with todays world- nanny states trying to dictate what is safe for the individual rather than letting them make up their own minds.

Never use ear defenders, too many years of listening to rock music and attending top fuel drag racing to worry about that! Never wear gloves, too easy to catch them in the blade and do more catastrophic damage than just a clean cut. Eyes maybe, you would think after 45 years of using power tools you would learn about swarf and woodchips in the eyes, but I still do it from time to time %%

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2015, 08:51:53 pm »

I don't like loud noises, so ear defenders are my safety of choice.
Pond weed is your enemy

steamboatmodel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2015, 09:20:47 pm »

I would not use gloves when operating a saw, but might use them whe installing the blade.
Regards,
Gerald.

Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors--and miss. Lazarus Long
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.