Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New old geezer  (Read 1549 times)

mikem

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
New old geezer
« on: April 18, 2015, 12:06:17 am »

Hello , my name's Mike Morgan , and I make models . Not brilliantly , but I get a lot of fun from it . Trains , tanks , planes transport stuff and boats .
 My main reason for joining here , apart from learning how to improve my modelling (I can still learn at age 77) is to draw your attention to a quite pleasant story about Model Sellers .
 Some time ago , I bought a kit of the Clyde Puffer by Caldercraft for my son (age 47) . Shortly after this , he fell seriously ill with cancer , so the boat kit went out in the garden shed .
 My son has now recovered sufficiently to take an interest in modelling again , and he hied forth to said shed and found that local wildlife had attacked the box , peed all over it and also , having made a hole in the roof , let the rain in .
 So , total ruin of all the wooden bits and the plan and even the rigging cord .
 The hull ,  which had been trimmed , and all the metal bits in plastic bags were OK .
 So what to do ?
 I contacted Jotika via email , told the gentleman there the gist of the above and asked if I could buy replacements for the ruined parts .
 This request was acted on and for what seemed to me to be a reasonable fee we received the replacement bits .
 So , to come to the point -----

WELL DONE JOTIKA .

It is nice to know that old-fashioned customer service is alive and well .
 I commend JOTIKA to you .

Mike M

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: New old geezer
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 05:21:32 am »

Welcome to Mayhem, Mike, from another old geezer (even older than you - just :-)  )
It's good to hear of your positive experience with Jotika, too O0  All too often we hear of alleged poor customer service so it's great to hear a good story.

I hope you find Mayhem both helpful and interesting.

Peter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.