Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Waverunner Atom  (Read 8884 times)

boycey9

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Waverunner Atom
« on: April 21, 2015, 09:36:43 am »

Hi Guys,
I have a waverunner Atom boat with a fault, When I turn it on unless the radio is within inches of the aerial it goes in to a sort of limp mode where one motor is permanently on, As the boat works when the Radio is that close I can only assume the reciever is broken and Im looking to replace it.
My confusion comes with the reciever and Radio, They are manufactured by Wfly but the reciver only has one plug enabled/fitted so Im unsure how all the different options work and if I can replace this for a new model. It looks like a standard 6ch rciever with a standard plug but no external power.
I would also like to upgrade this to 2.4Ghz at the same time if I am replacing the reciver.
Has anyone else replaced one of these and if so was it standard, what did you replace it with, The Manufacturer wants upwards of £60 for a new reciver hence why I am looking in to this.

Stavros

Re: Waverunner Atom
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 10:45:34 am »

Right I have experience of these bait boats having repaired quite a few and converted them to 2.4 GHZ

Not as simple as you think

it will cost around  £230 in bits alone and lab on top of that if you dont know what you are doing.

Baisically you will Need to strip out all the electrics and Lights out of the boat and start again.......Thes is NO quick cure of simply putting in a new radio set....Been there had the tee shirt with the first one I did..........

The ADVANTAGE of a total rebuild is very simple really ..........you can then get the buts indepedant of the manufacterer and i know for a fact that the electrics in them are cheap and nasty to say hte least and are NOT repairable...Personally I dont think for one min that it is the reciever.....had this on one I converted after the owner had wasted a lot of money having it repaired and it still wasnt right....your money your call........

If you want me to look at it and convert it properly and give a 12mnth warrenty on ALL parts used then message me

Dave

boycey9

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 10:58:36 am »

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply, I had pretty much come to that conclusion doing a lot of research this morning, Didnt buy it to get a cheap boat as such but more of a project as only played with cars and planes before.
Had a few quotes this morning for parts and think I will give it a crack, was just hoping for a quicker fix in the meantime.
Any reccomendations on parts you used would be appreciated especially to get the solenoids working or did you replace these too?.

Stavros

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 12:03:50 pm »

I am willing to give you a list of what i use

Action p102  Distribution Board
Action p94    Combined esc Mixer
Action p91 2 way switcher
2 x super white leds  10mm
1 x red super bright led 10mm
1 x Green super bright led 10mm
4 x Blue 5mm leds
Resitors for 12 for the above
Voltage meter for the batt to show sate of batt

All Available form component shop http://www.componentshop.co.uk/

2.4 radio set ....Mark at A Model world for a Planet set 01606891999

All the ones I do I get the solenoids to work

Dave

boycey9

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 12:14:31 pm »

I was along the right lines which is promising, Had been looking at the P94, Thank you for your assistance.

Stavros

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 12:18:13 pm »

ACTion stuff is all i have in 98% of my model boats the other 2% are brushless

I know it is a lot of work BUT  you only then need to do it once,reason you need to replace the led's is simple....they all use diff voltages on the originals boat due to their printed circuit board they use

Dave

boycey9

• Shipmate
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 07:18:22 pm »

Hi mate just wanted to say thanks for your help, parts turned up this morning and all was working well other than the lights as went to my local model shop and they dont sell LED's

Have you ever had any issues with the P91, Mine stopped working after about an hour and getting pretty hot?

Stavros

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 08:13:00 pm »

so what are you using the p91 for,as I have never had an issue with one

Dave

boycey9

• Shipmate
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 08:22:02 pm »

The hopper and the hook release solenoids, I had it working nicely pushing left opened the hopper and pushing right operated the pin. had the settings on non latching.
The fuse then went on the power board and after replaceing it the pin operates on powering on and stays open, Double checked the wiring and all is good.

Stavros

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 08:30:03 pm »

Clue is in the 2 way switcher ....1 side for hopper other for lights...............now it is furbarred ...send it to be repaired as you have probably damaged it

Dave

boycey9

• Shipmate
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 08:35:39 pm »

I have the little PIN on the back for the hook release so deceided to use one side for that and the other for the hopper as I could have a manual switch for the lights when I get the LED's did the ones you do not have the PIN or did you just lose it?

Stavros

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 08:42:42 pm »

check out your messages

Dave

boycey9

• Shipmate
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 08:45:35 pm »

I dont have any?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 21 queries.