Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New member..... Hello!  (Read 1339 times)

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
New member..... Hello!
« on: May 07, 2015, 07:06:43 am »

Hello everyone just a quick hello and to give a little info as to why I'm here.
 You've probably already guessed that I'm building a model boat and your right. It's my first one.......ooooh  :-))  I found the plans on the Internet, they were free oooh again :}  and they were not as detailed as I would have liked, ie when you zoom in the image is blurry {:-{ . So I took a couple of days re scaling the drawings and drew them on some large pieces of paper. It was at this point that I realised that there are no details whatsoever about construction, just the boat visual details. Let's see how I get on.
 I must add at this point that although this is my first boat that I am a relatively experienced model builder but aircraft not boats....... Can I mention them on here <*<  the reason for the change is that although I can build pretty well my piloting skills lacked somewhat. My theory being that if I lose control of a boat that took a year to build it doesn't drop 500 feet and reduce itself to firewood like my Messerschmitt.
 Anyway about the boat, it's a model I found on freeshipplans.com and it's called Lena. A beautiful steam schooner from 1875. Any pics details or info would be greatly accepted otherwise it's down to my interpretation of the drawing...... I will post pics as I set sail on my journey (ooh sorry for that) and I will be asking a lot of probably obvious to you questions....... Look forward to your posts......U2

PS..... The questionnaire below asked what do you take photos with and yet it doesn't accept 'mobile phone.....how strange! Ha
It'll look better when it's finished!

TugCowboy

• Full Mayhemer
Re: New member..... Hello!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 08:06:48 am »

Hi there Unsinkable 2.

Welcome to Mayhem. I've only seen the model you mention in the image on the free plans site. I did some research on her for a friend a while back who also found those plans but drew up a blank.
I believe she has quite some history so there must be something out there - just needs a bit more searching.

All the best with the build and I look forward to seeing your progress!

Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.