Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help needed  (Read 2090 times)

Dibnah555

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Help needed
« on: May 04, 2015, 11:32:11 am »

Hi I have two great models which I have just inherited however although everything's working on both I want them converted to 2.4 due to me not being able to use my hands that well and also have no idea how to complete the change over from the old tyre transmitter/receiver to the new type I am looking for someone who could do both theses model conversion for me.I live in Eesex I am willing to pay for the service and would supply everything needed myself so realy it's just labour and time.If anyone out their is willing to undertake this please get in contact   david.************
Thanks in advance. Ps there is no made rush for this just want them done CNYAVV

It's not advisable to put your email address onto an open forum.

To contact please use the Forum's mail system.

ken

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Help needed
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 07:33:54 pm »

Hi David, all you need is to buy two 2.4 GHz transmitters and receivers, and change the receiver in each boat, it really is that simple, I put the name of each boat on the transmitter as some of mine are the same make so I can see at a glance which goes with what.  %%

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 08:01:12 pm »

Even easier would be to buy one 2.4Ghz set, plus an extra receiver. Unless you intend sailing multiple boats at the same time additional boats just require an additional Rx.  I have four 2.4Ghz boats and only one transmitter. Bring one in, turn it off, turn the other on and away you go.
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 09:05:18 pm »

Quite right Bob, I've got four boats on one TX and two on their own TX'S.  but some of the cheaper sets don't have a bonding button, so it will depend on what is used.

lakesidebob

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 10:17:38 pm »

Hi Dibnah, if you could post a couple of pictures of the current set up it would help greatly and many on here can understand your concerns too,fiddly plugs and wiring etc.There is a section on the forum which would make it easier to understand about RC gear,further down.Worth converting,far less hassle,more peace of mind and is relatively easy to do.Lakeside Bob.

hmsantrim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 08:19:57 pm »

Hi Dibnah.
     you should count how many sockets in the current receiver are being used so you will know what size of  outfit to  buy whether its a two or  four channel etc.  Note the brand name of the current receiver and choose one compatiable with the existing servo plugs. 

Frank

canabus

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boats a hole in the water you pour money into!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 11:19:04 am »

Hi Dibnah 555
I am using a Hobbyking Turnigy TGY-I6 transmitter 6 channel which will handle up to 20 models with on board programmable setup and naming for each model.
It comes with one receiver and no servos but the servos are very cheap.
As for receivers the new Turnigy IA6B V2 receiver will handle they add on sensors to monitor temperature, rpm and battery voltage in real time.
As for the other electrics upgrade to brushless motors(far more powerful)and replace the batteries with Lipo ones, these will give you a far longer run time and are about the same weight and size as the NiCad batteries.

Seaspray

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the best model boat site
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 04:10:15 pm »

Hi  Dibnah555 :-))

I would wait till I got somebody onboard to do assist you and talk you thro the modification.  Mean time I would do a little read up on 2.4 radio sets there the norm now
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.