Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie from Canada!  (Read 1500 times)

messer.11

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Newbie from Canada!
« on: May 22, 2015, 10:41:26 pm »

Hey all,
I guess you could call me the FNG(F*#$&*G NEW GUY) lol! Im on here for the same reason the rest of you are. Modelling! Im still in high school but iv been hashing over this plan to scratch build a lobster boat!( model of course  O0 ) I have very little experience with fine wood working but the old man has been building models since he was in high school! So i have the plan of the hull i want to go with but im stuck at this point. I want to build another boat off the same hull but i dont know if i should build a mold then use fiberglass hulls or just build them from wood. I like the sound of fiberglass but i wanted to get your guys opinion!Iv attached a picture of the boat but ill leave the link to website it is forsale on. you can look at close to 80 pictures of her if you wish! Feedback would be very appreciated!
Thanks,
Ty
http://www.novimarinebrokers.com/Broker/viewListing/?listing_id=16612&b=9993

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Newbie from Canada!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 10:54:03 pm »

Hello Ty, and welcome to Mayhem. The choice of materials to build your hull from is a personal one, and depends on your experience with differing techniques. Speaking for myself, I always build from wood, mainly because I have no experience in the use of fibreglass, other than using it for internal strengthening of wooden hulls. There is quite a lot of work involved in producing a fibreglass hull, but many people do and with great success. One benefit of fibreglass is once the mould has been made it's relatively easy to produce any number of hulls. If you decided to go the fibreglass route I'm sure you would be able to get plenty of assistance and advice from Mayhem members.

I hope you enjoy Mayhem,

Peter.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Newbie from Canada!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 03:55:49 pm »

is there any reason for swearing though Ty, on your first line of introduction when speaking to us all on a family forum..........you'll get far with than behaviour, young man. >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.398 seconds with 22 queries.