Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: build material for a warship  (Read 8489 times)

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
Re: build material for a warship
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2015, 12:47:09 pm »

arrow5 ad far as i can tell , 5 min internet search on the subject it appears there are no clubs running it in uk , seems the hobby hasn't spread here yet,

A Google search this morning threw up this in .5 of a second !    It seems we covered this in 2011, started by Daemon, are you still with us Daemon ? I would be most interested to know if it took-off in the UK since that original discussion on Mayhem.  Using FPV (first person view) now widely available and used by model fliers and quad-copters etc to see what a camera sees and to navigate/pilot as if you were in the aircraft would add a new facet such as ranging and aiming at the "enemy" ship.  The thread is "Starting RC Naval Combat club in the UK"  www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,34137.0.html    If that isn't correct do a search here on Mayhem.  Very interesting reading.
..well can you land on this?

iamkyleme

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2015, 01:32:34 pm »

arrow5 , im still gathering materials for it and going through other ideas but my plan stays the same on how to build it :)

SteveB66

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boats are chillin!!
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2015, 05:54:06 pm »

Yes i find it very odd, especially the gas powered pellet guns that look like Magnums and Berrettas  and are black, yet airsoft which are limited in power by a great deal are illegal in black.
I used to work with a bloke who was from America and what is even worse the pellet guns are more expensive than the proper guns.
And crossbows wow, there are a serious piece of kit. You seen how far and accurate a 280lb draw crossbow is???

If i was building a warship and wanted to shoot a projectile i would try and get the working from a Heng Long tank, the gun i mean. Range is not to bad and it will only bruise at a distance. But saying that we used to use them at work and i displaced someone cornea. So not really recommended where people are.

iamkyleme

• Shipmate
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2015, 06:56:56 pm »

steveb66 , i had a mate from texas who was a gunsmith and we calculated that 200lb crossbow firing an arrow (it was a specific crossbow hat fired arrows we got numbers from) actually has more muzzle energy than a .306 rifle , its absolutely insane i can just go buy one of them but not a black plastic toy lol

and a henglong tank turrets is a good idea but yeah can only use it if the people around have goggles :( .

i might make guns out of 15mm copper pipe and stuff them with flour and ash and then have a gas system to throw it out so it looks like cannon fire...
im kinda limited on materials and money so this is going to be a junkyard build for sure.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2015, 10:34:14 pm »

Keep an eye on Geoff's experiments with smoke generators in the topic titled Iron Duke in this page. His work may inspire your efforts with gun effects etc.

Also, he is building a top dollar model of said battleship and it is gorgeous:O)

TTFN, Ian.
Pond weed is your enemy

iamkyleme

• Shipmate
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2015, 01:32:46 am »

i cant find iron duke on here could i have a link?

i dont think smoke generators that i could make would make the gunfire effect i want :(
but i do want one on my boat for the smoke stack :)

SteveB66

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boats are chillin!!
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2015, 09:45:46 am »

Probably to the goggles, but it depends where you use it. I think the Heng Long turrets are lower power than the pistols so you could be ok.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2015, 06:59:53 pm »

Look on Warships R&D and look for 'IRON DUKE 1914'. It should be no more than five to eight slots down the page.

Pond weed is your enemy

iamkyleme

• Shipmate
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2015, 04:31:19 pm »

Look on Warships R&D and look for 'IRON DUKE 1914'. It should be no more than five to eight slots down the page.

i found it , i find it weird hes building an IRON duke out of wood haha , but other than that he is doing awesome my boat will never a masterpeice like that :(

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2015, 07:49:59 pm »

Fair enough, but wait until you finish your tenth boat and you will be doing wonders I am sure:O)
Pond weed is your enemy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.