Sales, Wants & TRADERS > Whats in the box?

Dean's Marine M V Mastie Huskie

(1/5) > >>

Martin (Admin):

Dean's Marine M V Mastie M.V. Huskie

Capt Podge:
That could be a good'un - is this gonna be a build log Martin ?

Regards,

Ray.

carlmt:
I bought one of these some 8 years ago.  Still in it's box unstarted  {:-{ .  Will get around to building it one day - it doesn't look a difficult kit after all.............

html:
Well Mr Mayhem sent me this kit to build and do a build thread on it, I got it last Saturday so this is the beginning of the saga. Martin has shown you what is inside the kit.
I have had a look through the instructions, and you need to read them really carefully to understand what you are supposed to be doing during the build. All the sheets of plastic are marked, and the box of parts have a plan with them so you know what part goes where.
The kit is powered by two small motors, the type found in servos, I am going to fit mini viper esc to control these motors, I do not like the wooden dowel for the mast or for the bollards so these will be made out of brass. I am not sure if I can get the tow hook mounted strongly enough to do some towing but we will see.

Brian

Other colas are available :-))

html:
The hull looks really good apart from a small amount of damage at the rear, I will sand the bulwarks down a bit more to get rid of that. The 2mm line you can see is the top of the bulwarks.The hull had a seam along the middle which I have sanded out. the hull is now cleaned and sanded so it does not have a shine or any mould wax on it.
To get rid of the wax I wiped the inside over with Isopropyl Alcohol, and then washed the inside with fairy liquid and rinsed. For the outside I used Jiff cleaner, rinsed and then extra fine wet and dry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version