The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Navy - Military - Battleships:

Airfix 1/144 Wasa

(1/10) > >>

kpnuts:

My new one commissioned by my boss, the Airfix Wasa, I bought it off ebay and I've no idea how it was stored but its warped to hell, its been a real pig to get it together, didn't do it as per instructions as i could not get the deck atattched and level so glued the hull front together then when the glue set glued the rear the glued the deck a bit at a time using loads of masking tape to hold it till dry.

Broke lots of these bits on the top rails (whatever they are) so will have to make some new ones.

essex2visuvesi:
I think they're all warped.... my stepson bought the same kit and the hull halves were like bananas.
We took it back to the shop and swapped it for a model tank lol

warspite:
I remember this one when I was a lad at 16 maybe 17, I think even that was warped, didn't like it but out of the victory and this, it was bigger and look better on the shelf when completed, has lion heads on the inside of the gun ports if my memory serves me badly, again on youtube there is a vid of someone who built it and put a few euro coins in the bottom and sailed it on his houses outdoor test tank - think it was spain, they all seem to have those gradual bottom test tanks, nicely tiled and very blue water  %).

ballastanksian:
My giddy aunt, that is warpage! Still, you have got it sorted out, so onwards and upwards Ken!

Is this comission from the chap who bought your Sovereign?

kpnuts:
Nope its from his wife, my boss.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version