Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pumpkin  (Read 5290 times)

Norman Castle

• Full Mayhemer
Pumpkin
« on: December 02, 2015, 06:23:17 pm »

How is Springer#2 going Norman?

Not so bad, actually - today was maiden voyage day!  We made a mess of the video so will try again in due course, but meanwhile here's a couple of snaps of The Lady Wife's new toy ...

Pumpkin is 2/3 size as requested, and is quite the hooligan boat.  Couple that with the very strong blustery wind at the pond this morning and her skipper having a tendency to get her lefts and her rights in a bit of a muddle and we had great fun, I can tell you! 

The build was interesting what with the boat being smaller and my fingers not being as nimble as they once were, but ATEOTD it goes well and it got me two chocolate biscuits after me tea  :-))
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but with any luck it will annoy enough people to make the effort worthwhile.

Kadtoy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Pumpkin
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 04:34:37 pm »

Very nice little boat.

Norman Castle

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 05:53:42 pm »

Very nice little boat.

Thank you!  You've just reminded me that I need to edit a video and get it on YouTube ...  ok2
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but with any luck it will annoy enough people to make the effort worthwhile.

Norman Castle

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 06:46:46 pm »

Well I just uploaded an edited version of The Lady Wife's second ever attempt at a video and my first ever attempt at driving two boats simultaneously but something's gone amiss with it.  I'll try again in the morning ... :embarrassed:

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 07:29:20 pm »

Ah very neat and tidy, loads of brownie poinst in the household then.  I don't get biscuits for my efforts  <:(  Videos take forever on youtube, be patient.
..well can you land on this?

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 07:39:24 pm »

Two choccy biscuits eh Norman? You lucky boy:O)

I look forward to your video in due course, but the images you provided show a very tidy build. I see that 'TbikBa' is Russian for Pumpkin.

Is your good lady Russian?
Pond weed is your enemy

Norman Castle

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 08:40:38 am »

Is your good lady Russian?

No, but she's taken it upon herself to learn it  :o   So at the moment the house is plastered in Post-It notes with words in Cyrillic letters on them.  Even the bog door.

Anyhow, here's a rather iffy video done just before Xmas when our fingers were frozen and I was rapidly finding out that I don't go much on trying to drive two boats at once ...

https://youtu.be/SRFBxjH-Tp8

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 09:09:45 pm »

извините , это моя вина
Google didn't tell me how to pronounce that but Sorry, it's my fault' will be a handy phrase to pick up on.
Nice little Springer
Dave

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 09:14:10 pm »

You nearly had a collision there Norman! That would have been bad news especially for your choccy biscuit allocation:O) They are smooth and nippy machines.
Pond weed is your enemy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 23 queries.