Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: charge rate  (Read 1680 times)

no1chunk

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
charge rate
« on: January 25, 2016, 12:25:42 pm »

Hi guys i have purchased a ripmax sigma eq eco charger which does everything and have 2 overlander 3900mah 11.1v lipo batteries which charge rate do you guys reckon im currently charging up a hpi plazma battery for my car at 3.00a for a 3000mah

inertia

Re: charge rate
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 12:53:46 pm »

You shouldn't really charge at more than the C rate, in this case 3.9A. I usually charge LiPo packs at about C/3.
DM

no1chunk

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 01:04:20 pm »

It does say 30c on the battery so i started charging at 3.00a thanks for the reply lipo and brushless system im running is all new to me

inertia

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 01:32:40 pm »

30C is the maximum continuous current that can be obtained from the battery before it goes pop. It's certainly not advisable to try and charge the thing at 117 Amps, even if you could! There's some general information on brushless motors and LiPo batteries included in this article http://www.modelboats.co.uk/news/article/but-i-don't-understand-electronics/18054
DM

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 06:27:38 pm »

The chemical reaction going on inside any battery when it is charging is always radically different to the reaction that happens when discharging, so it should come as no surprise that different rates of current are appropriate for the two conditions.  While you can get a charge into a battery at a very high rate, it is unlikely to be a full charge, and you are unlikely to be able to repeat it as often as charging at a low rate.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.