Mess Deck: General Section > Tugs and Towing

New Tug on the way ( ASD Tug from MMB )

(1/14) > >>

mersey dave:
I have ordered my next tug build which is a ASD Tug from MMB, it comes as a semi kit and should arrive by the end of next week. The kit comes with 45mm nozzles but as I want it for towing these he is going to replace with 50mm, I am looking at fitting 555 high torque motors driving 50mm 4 blade brass props so it should be fine with lots of power, your thoughts on this set up  So all I can add for now is watch this space.

Regards Dave.

tugnut:
Hi Dave i used all the origanal bits on my one and she works great they are a lovely tug to build to.

Fastfaz:
   Not sure about the 50mm Korts and props for towing especially with the size of the boat, I have 70mm Korts on my tugs with either a pair of T12's or scooter/fan motors these tugs are very powerful. If you contact one of the guys from Balne moor (competition this weekend on sunday) they are really helpful. Good luck.
       Regards,
            Faz. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

mersey dave:

--- Quote from: Fastfaz on April 05, 2016, 08:55:14 pm ---   Not sure about the 50mm Korts and props for towing especially with the size of the boat, I have 70mm Korts on my tugs with either a pair of T12's or scooter/fan motors these tugs are very powerful. If you contact one of the guys from Balne moor (competition this weekend on sunday) they are really helpful. Good luck.
       Regards,
            Faz. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

--- End quote ---

Hi Faz, I spoke to Mark when I placed the order and he said when he built his it was taken to Balne moore  and it towed the San George around with his standard set up no problem, so I should be ok with the set up I have now gone for as motors and props have now been ordered. Time will tell. :-)) :-)) :-)) And yours looks very good john and on standard set up too......Does it pull ok.

Regards Dave.

Capt Podge:
Patiently waiting Dave. O0

(you don't hang about do you)?

Regards,

Ray.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version