Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aero Naut  (Read 1748 times)

elmo_drayton

• Shipmate
Aero Naut
« on: June 05, 2016, 10:42:07 am »

Morning all,
Just wondering if anyone has had the same problem as me with aero naut plastic ? Have built many models in the past including 2 Deans ( Cossack and MV Muirneag) both of those I used Revell and Humbrol liquid poly and it worked fine and never separated at all.
Just bought an aero naut Pilot boat, the laser cutting and the fit of the sections is exceptional but can I get it to stay together !!!  On the front pages of the instruction book it says to use UHU plast special, I got hold of some of this and it looks and smells the same as the other liquid poly cements and does actually hold a little better, I assemble the parts, tape and clamp them and next day can still be pulled apart  <:( .
The plastic seems to be very much harder than the Deans models and other plasticard sheet I have. Does anyone have ant ideas please.
Many Thanks.

gregk9

• Full Mayhemer
    • Chasewater Model Boat Club
Re: Aero Naut
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 05:50:27 pm »

Sorry but only just read this... As far as im aware the bits you are trying to bond together are  ABS plastic.... ive used the glue plumbers use to bond plastic plumbing pipe together, readily available from your local diy store, go to plumbing section, then take the "dummy tin" to counter for a real one...they dont leave the proper ones out for obvious reasons.  But watch the glue, highly flammable and lots of vapour... dont leave the lid loose or it will evapourate very quickly.
try a test piece first as you wont need much on the joints.
Best wishes.

Steve. G.
Treasurer & Membership Secretary:  Chasewater Model Boat Club
http://chasewatermbc.blogspot.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.