Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Engel type 7c  (Read 1633 times)

Robin smith

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Engel type 7c
« on: June 15, 2016, 11:17:52 pm »

Now got the motors, rudder and dive planes working ok plus the leveller. Now to sort the piston tanks these will be operated form a Futaba f16 on the two slider controls. Bit of advice the slider controls do they have a mid point neutral. Wondering what the piston tank position is. Also how do I know what position the piston is by looking at the micro switches?

TomHugill

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Engel type 7c
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 11:57:49 pm »

For the tmax you can use a three position switch and two sliders. The three position switch does the standard running tanks in and out, one slider proportionally controls the last 20% of the tanks and the other slider controls fore/aft trim

So you flick the three position to go down, then use your slider to achieve the perfect bouyancy sliding it down. Then the other should be centred unless you need to shift the trim. You can tell how far the tanks are run out from how far the piston shafts are sticking out

Robin smith

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Engel type 7c
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 12:22:38 am »

Thanks Tom , problem I have is well poor range of movement of the rear plane due to the length of the lever on the servo any longer and it would touch the wtc sleeve. I am going to have to sort rear linkage where the swivel pin is secured by one of those push on star retainers getting it on and off a nightmare access is so poor and limited. Think I am slowly getting there. Like someone said to me a few weeks ago model submarines is less about rivet counters but more about engineering 😂😂
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.