Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie - Well Oldie!  (Read 1462 times)

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
  • What's my favourite cake!
Newbie - Well Oldie!
« on: July 06, 2016, 01:53:04 pm »

Hi Folks

I'm 62, live in Warwick and my interest in RC has been reawakened by an enthusiastic neighbour!

Dabbled with RC boats and planes when I was young and when older the real thing, well boats, as we had a speed boat and a cruiser in the family for many years.

I shall get a small sailing yacht at some point but have gone a bit mad and bought a 46" Fairey Huntsman! I picked it up on Monday and had to take a couple of the seats out of the Yeti to get it in!
And then carrying it into the house and upstairs was fun!

But it is a lovely thing and just what I wanted, something older and interesting and all wood. I think something smaller would have been more practical though!  :-)

I only have a display stand at the moment, so will be seeking advice on another thread for making a carrying/launching stand.

I also fancy a Riva style sports boat at some point which I shall make sure is smaller. Talking of which, when young my brother and myself had a partly built boat along those lines.It was in my mothers roof space for years, I shall have to ask her, though I suspect it has gone the way of many other things, squirrelled away to my brothers!

I'll post a picture up of my acquisition.
Building Fairey Marine boats: River Cruiser 23 prototype, Huntress 23 Long Cabin with stern-drive, Huntsman 28, Huntsman 31 and Swordsman 33 and two more to come! All scratch built and to a scale of 1:12

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
Re: Newbie - Well Oldie!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 10:22:33 pm »

Welcome to the forum Chris. While large I am sure the Huntsman will repay you with lots of sailing and looing good on the water. Hooray for your neighbour  :-)
Pond weed is your enemy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.