Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Angling Technics - Standard Bait Boat  (Read 4808 times)

sully1966

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Angling Technics - Standard Bait Boat
« on: August 19, 2016, 10:55:30 pm »

Hi I hope someone can help.

I have a standard AT bait boat that needs a full refurb. The boat is propelled by three pumps (not motors) 2 x forward and 1 x reverse. The boat does not have a rudder, it relies solely upon slowing down one of the two pumps whilst in motion to turn (Left or right).  If I connect both of the forward pumps to one channel the boat will not steer (go in a straight line), If I connect the two forward pumps to their own individual channels it would be difficult to steer and have a mind of its own. (I think)??

After some reading it seems that I need a channel mix, i've been looking at the Mtroniks WTail Mixer. I still cannot get my head around motor speed and turning whilst in motion.

I have 3 x ESC devices, one for each motor. If I buy a mixer, will a 2 channel be enough to connect to the two forward pumps? If it is was will it allow the boat to do?

How will the mixer need to be connected to the receiver etc

Please let me apologise in advance but this is my first ever project and I could really do with some help.

Many thanks

Bob

chas

• Full Mayhemer
  • now in los montesinos Spain.
Re: Angling Technics - Standard Bait Boat
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 12:36:39 am »

I would look at action electronics, they have an excellent web site that explains what you need. The products are very good. You will find them via Google and commponent shop. The system you refer to is called tank steering.
Chas

sully1966

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 11:44:01 am »

Many thanks, I have contacted them for some parts but there busy getting ready for the coming show.

The part I need is the diode board, I would make it myself if I had the diagram.

fingers crossed that they can put one together for me over the forthcoming weeks.

thanks

Bob

inertia

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 12:30:37 pm »

Bob
I've sent you a Private Message.
Dave M
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.