Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gas Jet Sizes  (Read 2787 times)

kiwimodeller

• Full Mayhemer
Gas Jet Sizes
« on: August 31, 2016, 10:22:51 am »

Greetings, can somebody please explain the differing sizes available of jets with 1 BA thread. In times past I have had jets from commercial suppliers such as Maccsteam which were marked 10 and 16 but now there seems to be only sizes 5 and 8 available. Somewhere in the back of my head I have a vague recollection of seeing a post about the numbers being changed but the sizes staying the same but the mighty Mayhem search does not seem to want to help tonight. All enlightenment welcome. Thanks, Ian.

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Gas Jet Sizes
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 08:01:20 pm »

I dont know about number changes, but I have no's 3,5,and 8, all on 1 ba thread.

Basically, the bigger the number, the hotter the flame and higher gas consumption

See here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PARTS-NEW-NO-3-GAS-JET-1BA-THREAD-FOR-MOST-BURNER-APPLICATIONS-LIVE-STEAM-/311537193944
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 04:22:00 pm »

Stuart Models sell No.6
BM

KBIO

• Full Mayhemer
    • http://modelismenavalvapeur.forumactif.com
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 06:49:43 pm »

Hello!
Maybe this can help a bit.
You can have a look here and if you have some information to supply, I would appreciate:
Gicleurs gaz et équivalence British.

The thread can be anyting to fit your burner.
Same for the burner, I do not buy anything but build my own, now. A lot more performing.

Also, thanks to the chart, I use a guitar string depending on the size jet (rate) I need.
Guitars strings are helpful.
Cheers. ok2

hammer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 08:05:23 pm »

Thanks to boatmadman, for the link to number 3 gas jets. I had give up searching for this small size, about a year ago, they seamed to be unavailable. My boiler design was for number 3s.  I am using number 5s at present & the flame tends to blow right through the fire tube, burning at the top of the funnel. I have made a gas pressure regulator but this is only part successful. I have placed an order.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 22 queries.