Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Being a bit ambitious  (Read 1597 times)

Sapphire

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Being a bit ambitious
« on: September 06, 2016, 05:39:51 pm »

hello and Hi from Somerset
I am very new to model ship building as previously I have made dolls houses,  i am currently 3 weeks in to my first ever ship which is a Swift 1805 by Artesania Latina. and have made many many mistakes which I have managed to cover up with a bit of modification luckily my partner has his own laser cutter which has been rather useful !

I have become so engaged with this hobby that he has bought me HMS Bounty by the same manufacturer which is a stunning model with an open side to view the internal of the ship. what I would like is some advice and tips from experienced builders so that I don't make any mistakes or cock ups this time. as don't think with an open side I will get away with a major boo boo as on my first ship which required wood filler to get the correct shape in places!

thanks

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
2. Re: Being a bit ambitious
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 10:31:39 pm »

Hi Sapphire and welcome to the Mayhem.  It;s great that you are so keen on this great hobby.  A few things to bear in mind -

1.  The best modeller in the world started with their first model, and made a lot of mistakes along the way. 
2.  All of us still make mistakes on every model we build. (Well, I certainly do   O0)  Experience and increasing skill simply allows you to fix (or hide) them more quickly.
3.  Practice really does make, if not perfect, at least much better!  Keep going.

And while I hope you enjoy Mayhem and keep us informed of your progress, you might find encouragement on Model Ship World modelshipworld.com where the type of build you are enjoying is much more common than here.  The kit build section has several build logs of the Swift and the Bounty.   

Do let us know how you get on.

Happy modelling

Greg
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 22 queries.