Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 2343 times)

Captain Flack

• Full Mayhemer
Insurance
« on: September 09, 2016, 12:24:39 pm »

I have had BMFA Insurance for many years at a cost of about £35.00 which only covers me for public liability.  I know that there are other companies that provide PL insurance and I note that some are substantially cheaper.

Does anyone have these insurances and do you have theft cover included and what sort of prices are you paying?  I know £35 isn't a lot but I think it's like most policies you just never seem to check year on year and simply keep renewing without noticing that the premium just keeps creeping up.

kinmel

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Insurance
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 12:59:40 pm »

Are you in a club ?

Our club pays £580 to insure the club as an entity and 82 members individually for £5million P.L. including member to member.

It does not cover equipment, but that should be part of your household cover anyway.

Captain Flack

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 03:35:50 pm »

I am in a club but it only covers me on club events and I was looking for a personal insurance that would cover me whenever or wherever. :-)

kinmel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 06:20:49 pm »

I am in a club but it only covers me on club events and I was looking for a personal insurance that would cover me whenever or wherever. :-)

I would check that because our club insurance certificate reads :-  "The policy covers modelling and model engineering activities of all and every kind undertaken by the Member anywhere within the European Union."

Perhaps your club should look for better cover

boat captain

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 06:38:37 pm »

Ours covers sailing anywhere.
Joe
Liverpool MBC Committee Member

Sub driver

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 09:41:15 pm »

Hi.
Check out Walker Midgeleys...southern fed of model engineers use them.
You can get third party liability ins for anywhere  in the uk plus you can insure models and equipment etc too it goes by the value of each item you pay a proportion per pound of the value of each item you insure.
Hope its of use.
Regards Sub.

Captain Flack

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 01:21:13 pm »

"I would check that because our club insurance certificate reads"

No, that is definitely correct, I know that for a fact, that is why i am looking for a personal Insurance. 

Thanks for the replies.

spearfish99

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2016, 09:43:37 am »

I would check that because our club insurance certificate reads :-  "The policy covers modelling and model engineering activities of all and every kind undertaken by the Member anywhere within the European Union."[/font

I think that the cover that you get from the BMPRS is the same , everything everywhere and also indemnifies the owner of the water/field that you are using (if you have their permission to use it).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 21 queries.