Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Linked Events

• BLACKPOOL MODEL BOAT SHOW: October 21, 2017 - October 22, 2017
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BLACKPOOL MODEL BOAT SHOW 2017 OCT 21/22  (Read 44473 times)

Dave Cook

• Cookie
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Keep on Rockin
Re: BLACKPOOL MODEL BOAT SHOW 2017 OCT 21/22
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2017, 07:03:17 pm »

I have heard there will be more traders this year , Could anyone please give a up to date trader list

Regards Dave    :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2017, 07:33:06 pm »

Just check their website   %)

http://www.blackpoolmodelboatshow.co.uk/

Iain

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2017, 11:23:30 pm »

I have heard there will be more traders this year , Could anyone please give a up to date trader list

Regards Dave    :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))
Yes, there are more traders this year. Apologies that the web site is not up to date, I have been a bit ill over the last couple of weeks, but should have everything updated tomorrow. I will also put the full list of traders here as well.

Iain.
(Blackpool show organiser)

Iain

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2017, 12:05:45 pm »

I will speak to the hotel next week & see what the diary looks like. Last year & this year they had something on every other weekend during October, so there was no choice beyond the weekend we took, I expect it to be similar for 2018
I have spoken with the hotel about possible dates for 2018 & have now pencilled in the weekend of 20th - 21st October 2018. This is only likely to change if sufficient numbers of people come to me with a strong argument for a different date, however I think that is unlikely as the only other weekend that is currently free at the Norbreck during October is the weekend of 27th-28th & personally I feel that is getting too close to the Warwick model boat show.

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2017, 01:37:24 pm »

I agree Iain,
The earlier date would be much better,for the reason you have given,the later date is far too close to the Warwick Show.I would suggest if possible,to make it even earlier if the hotel is agreeable,to give those of us who travel a great distance,time to recover.
The most important thing of course,is that we all try to make THIS years event the best ever.One suggestion,is to put a large banner advertising the event at the front of the hotel,as far as I know there hasnt been any in recent years,and this would attract many more people who would see it from passing cars buses and trams?
I will be there joining my pal Neil,with his display!
Mick F

Iain

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2017, 11:46:04 pm »

Sadly there are no other dates available in October & I feel that September is too early, so I think we are stuck with what we have.
As for the banner, this is something I wanted to do last year, however I am told by the hotel that there is a very strict anti-fly posting policy in place across Blackpool, which kind of makes sense because with so many things going on in the town if everyone put up posters it would look a mess. Even though the banner would be within the hotel grounds, the management were totally against it because of this policy. I tried.......

Iain

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2017, 12:13:07 am »

The full list of traders for Blackpool goes as follows:

Component-Shop
Christopher Wyn Brown
Deans Marine
DK Figures
Linkspan Models
Macs Mouldings
Magnafix
Mastman
Michael McGuinn (Guns)
Mobile Marine Models
Model Boat Bits
Models by Design
Mountfleet Models
Peak Tools
Pendle Steam Boilers
Propguy
Protean Design
Scale Flags & Ensigns
Scoonie Hobbies
SHG Model Supplies
RC Heli Guru
Scale Hobbies
Speedline Models
Tony Green Steam Models
Verkerk Modelbouw

There will also be charity stands from:
The RNLI
The Ann Letitia Russell Rescue Group

It is not impossible that there could be a late addition or two to the list, as there are still a couple of traders who initially expressed interest, but have yet to give a final yes or no.

Iain.
www.blackpoolmodelshow.co.uk

Iain

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2017, 12:41:50 am »

I should perhaps also mention the raffle. All proceeds of which are going to the RNLI, we are taking nothing from the proceeds, not even the cost of the tickets. The prize list is growing all the time, but so far we have the following:

Weekend break for 2.
Day cruise on lake Windermere (family ticket)
Day cruise on lake Coniston (family ticket)
Digital battery charger
Round of golf for up to 4
£20 gift voucher from Barton Grange Garden Centre
Tea for 2 at Slattery Patissier & Chocolatier (Whitefield, Manchester)
Stick of Blackpool Rock!

All in all some pretty good prizes, so please pass on some of the shrapnel from your pocket when you see the raffle tickets on sale.

jarvo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Etherow model boat club
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2017, 09:53:35 am »

Iain, you and Dave a doing a superb job, just hope you get the support this deserves

Mark
Tugs are for pulling

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2017, 12:00:02 pm »

I have to second the last post. So lets make Blackpool this year one to remember and long may it and other shows  continue for many years to come.

Stan.
Kirklees Model Boat Club. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
  • Figurin' it out........slowly!!!
    • Linkspan Models
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2017, 10:25:39 pm »

Just a thought on dates for the Blackpool Show - As a trader, we are most happy with the status quo.
Any later and it gets too close to Warwick.  For us, September is reserved for the Deans Marine Open Weekend (and, I would guess, this would rule out Deans Marine from attending as well!!!).  August contains the Haydock Show, so the October date would fit in just nicely.
Having the shows too close together makes it very difficult for a small outfit like ourselves to re-stock between shows.
Really looking forward to the show - see you all there!!!!
Carl & Flo
Linkspan Models

jarvo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2017, 11:40:34 pm »

In support of Carl, July and August, lot of people on holiday, end of August, Haydock. September Deans Marine, October Blackpool and November Warwick, whats the problem?? these shows are spread around the country giving most people a chance to see quality models, fingers crossed Ellesmere Port will be on for the March start to the season. We cant all run round the country to every show, support the one in your area, don't moan, attend!!!!

Each show has about 4 - 6 weeks between.

Mark
Tugs are for pulling

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2017, 12:25:31 pm »

When we first started the Blackpool show in the Tower in 1997, it was timed (mid November) for when the illuminations was ending as an end of season boost to the Tower company and local hotels. 
This continued through our time in the Winter Gardens Olympia.  At that time, Warwick happened the weekend before the Blackpool show, which did not help with smaller traders who did not have time to restock. 
When we were offered the Norbreck, the only weekends available were in either the second half of October or mid February.  We went for October.  The show has remained that weekend ever since, with a bit of allowance for dates creeping forward and the weekend occasionally having to be reset due to the unreasonableness of calendars.
The thinking is that it is a good compromise, giving a reasonable gap in the north west after Haydock and before Christmas, and, with the addition of other branches of the model hobby, hopefully not treading on others toes.

Malcolm Frary,
Chairman, B&FMBC
(statement of biased interest)
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Stavros

« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2017, 06:50:05 pm »

Well the background work for the show is going swimingly so to speak,Simply can not wait for the show and our annual Blackpool Break...Hard work it is but definatly enjoyable.I can Gtee everyone a darned good show...well I suppose I am Baiased but hey ho.

As Iain has allready stated the Raffle prizes are well worth the price of the tickets EVERYONE should buy some just to stop Larry Longbuild winning the stick of rock as he has his eyes on it.

I can Guarantee you one thing this year,someone is bringing along something that I have never seen at the show...OH and YES it is part of modeling...dont sumise what it is as NO discussion to what it is will be entered into !!!!!!!!!!!!

Traders are hard at it getting their wares ready so they can relieve you of your hard earned pennies and clubs are polishing the boats ready to be put on the stands...Even Malcolmfrary has joined in by polishing the Tower trophy ready to go on the club stand.

The trade is definatly up on previous years with some new traders and some who have rejoined us

Dave

jarvo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2017, 09:21:22 pm »

So there you go, straight from the horse's stop thinking and be there. See you Sunday Dave, on shift Saturday, keep that rock, it must be rare in Blackpool these days!!!!!

Mark
Tugs are for pulling

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2017, 01:20:04 pm »

So there you go, straight from the horse's stop thinking and be there. See you Sunday Dave, on shift Saturday, keep that rock, it must be rare in Blackpool these days!!!!!

Mark

I heard a rumour !!  ok2  that Stavros had put Phil's £ 20.00 note in it as it was being made ... :}

jarvo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2017, 09:31:13 pm »

Has Stavros been making £20 notes again, make boats, much less hassle!!!!
Tugs are for pulling

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2017, 09:43:11 pm »

That's a very nice long list of the Traders who are attending the show,giving us all the chance of actually seeing the goodies on show before we buy!
Sincerely Dave,and Iain, thank you to both of you for all the hard work you have been putting in,last year and this,by pulling up this show from its boots,and improving it a great deal to say the least.As organiser for mere model tents,at a couple of Steam Rallies,I know the amount of planning and preparation that goes into it,so good on you.
I hope your reward will come,in the number of exhibitors,and the number of paying visitors to make it a real success.
I will be there,exhibiting god willing,with a never before seen model.and display that is absolutely unique.
So there you go guys,and ladies,come along and support this wonderful show please!
Thanks,
Mick F

Tid 65

« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2017, 10:33:49 am »

Its been said that :its good to have shows spread around the country:shame that because no more midlands show ie whitwick not on because ;not enough support from local clubs ; well our local club went every year so whats going on because rc boats is the least attended out of the rc model world and seem to need a boast to get it stronger. Been to different shows and seen numbers down on past years at the same shows. But perhaps some people are more biased to certain areas ,some shows in the past are gone and some new ones over the past few years have come along ,the midlands seems to be a no go area regarding model boat shows ,yes I know theres |Warwick in November so seems to be a contradiction to what I'm saying but most show seem to be at the end of the year now. No more ellesmere and whitwick so that's the start of the year gone for shows.yes there is model boat mayhem but that's not classed as a show but even that's getting smaller numbers there.

Stavros

« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2017, 11:20:43 am »

Well show guide is at the printers we are all ready to rock and roll, load the pool and show furniture into my m8 van...load my boats and we are ready to go up on thursday....Thursday night pool up and start filling it...set up the hall ready for the lads to plqce the tables ready for the traders to set up and also the clubs.

Remember that we have a HUMUNGUST A BRING AND BUY and all profits go to the RNLI and we will sell anything.....ok we draw the line at the wife or pets ha hs.

Food will be available at the hotel and there is a chippy within walking distqnce so is a cash point.....plenty of parking at the rear and side of the hotel.

Lighting in the hall s much improved and so are the toilets.

So see you there.

ANY  problems please see Iain on the Component shop stand or myself

Dave

T33cno

« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2017, 05:18:17 pm »

You're all working so hard I'll have to come and wifey too :-))

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2017, 08:16:23 pm »

Looking forward to next week.Busy getting my models ready for our club display.So lets make the show a total success come along meet the model builders please ask your questions we do not bite.

Stan
Kirklees Model Boat Club. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Starspider

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2017, 10:28:12 pm »

Coming upto Warrington Thursday visiting grandkids, then my first proper boat show Saturday  :-))  really looking forward to it. Wishing all concerned good luck.
Colin

Dave Cook

• Cookie
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Keep on Rockin
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2017, 10:58:03 pm »

well said stan , see ya there

Regards Dave

T33cno

« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2017, 05:07:27 pm »

Question?
Just bought our tickets for Sunday.
Is it essential to print them or can they be presented on a large smart phone?

I know the QR codes work ok when scanned from my screen from past experience.

EDIT wifey says I'm stupid as it says you can on the website  :embarrassed:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 22 queries.