Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Linked Events

• BLACKPOOL MODEL BOAT SHOW: October 21, 2017 - October 22, 2017
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BLACKPOOL MODEL BOAT SHOW 2017 OCT 21/22  (Read 44593 times)

timbo

• Full Mayhemer
Re: BLACKPOOL MODEL BOAT SHOW 2017 OCT 21/22
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2017, 10:03:54 pm »

Will be there on Sunday  :-))

Steve Dean

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2017, 01:31:07 pm »

Best wishes to Iain & Stavros for a successful Blackpool, hopefully your efforts will produce a great event. I hope all the exhibitors, traders and visitors have a great time and enjoy yourselves.
For those who are not going to the north west but intend to be at Warwick (International Model Boat Show) then I look forward to seeing you there ..... come say hi at the pool side.
Steve Dean

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2017, 04:53:27 pm »

this is getting serious............for the first time in my life I have decided to dust off my model for the Blackpool show..........mind you, as I'm putting it on Stavs'  stand with mick French, I thought I'd better not show myself up, lol.

so I bought some air dusters from Poundland..glad I didn't spend more than a quid a tin...............would have got a better result with a hose pipe, lol.

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2017, 06:59:03 pm »

It was out with the polish for my model and base last night too!!
I must admit she really is looking good.The van is all but packed,she is on charge on the driveway,the pastys were collected todayand are in the cold box(I tried one to make sure they are ok,believe me,they are!!)We have the school run to do in the morning,and then will besetting off.We are splitting the trip into two this year,and staying overnight at a campsitenear Ross on Wye,and continuing up the A49 to avoid a lot of motorway travel.Sadly we know it will be the last time at Blackpool for us,but really looking forward to it,and seeing old friends.
When we return home,we will be off again the following day,to Southampton,where Channel 5 will be filming my two Cunard models,in a test tank,to compare the results with the real ship!
Really looking forward to that also!

pipercub1772

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2017, 08:46:17 pm »

Hi I am going saturday morning with 2 models for southport model boat  clubs stand, as i cant get there on friday, what time can i get in to put the models on the stand i know the show starts at 10 am and will someone be there. kind regards Allan.

Stavros

« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2017, 10:12:34 pm »

8 am onwards

Dave

Stavros

« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2017, 10:21:28 pm »

Right just finished packing the van with all the gear ...show furnature and Iain's stand bitsBoats cars and secret Display are all in...cars packed even Me is packed....pick up Mrs Stav up from work at 10m straight up to Blackpool...van unload and Nigel and myself will burn the midnight oil setting the hall out ready for the tables to go out on fri mng.
Iain should arrive at around 9pm so its pool time...might get time for a pint ! After putting the pool.

24 Traders 26 club stands should be a good one

Dont forget to bring your boats bits and bobs to sell...Susan will sell anything for you

SEE YOU ALL THERE AND DO SAY HELLO HONSETLY I DONT BITE

Dave

Stavros

« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2017, 11:38:15 pm »

It was out with the polish for my model and base last night too!!
I must admit she really is looking good.The van is all but packed,she is on charge on the driveway,the pastys were collected todayand are in the cold box(I tried one to make sure they are ok,believe me,they are!!)We have the school run to do in the morning,and then will besetting off.We are splitting the trip into two this year,and staying overnight at a campsitenear Ross on Wye,and continuing up the A49 to avoid a lot of motorway travel.Sadly we know it will be the last time at Blackpool for us,but really looking forward to it,and seeing old friends.
When we return home,we will be off again the following day,to Southampton,where Channel 5 will be filming my two Cunard models,in a test tank,to compare the results with the real ship!
Really looking forward to that also!

PASTIES  did anyone mention PASTIES

Dave

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2017, 12:35:15 am »

Too late!! Orders taken and no spares sorry!!
Will give you the address of the best pasty shop in Cornwall lol
Mick F

pipercub1772

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2017, 10:40:01 am »

Thanks Dave for the reply ,kind regards Allan

Stavros

« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2017, 11:34:31 am »

Too late!! Orders taken and no spares sorry!!
Will give you the address of the best pasty shop in Cornwall lol
Mick F

WELL WELLWELL simply NOT good enough Mick ....you are BARRED  ok2 {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

Dave...will have to do with a stick of Blackpool rock

sharkbite0

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2017, 12:54:17 pm »

looking forward to the show had a great time last year and this year we have bus full 39 people from clubs up in newcastle and gateshead area coming on the saturday.
see you all there.
regards
mick 
you only get one childhood so make it last all your life.

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2017, 04:41:12 pm »

WELL WELLWELL simply NOT good enough Mick ....you are BARRED  ok2 {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

Dave...will have to do with a stick of Blackpool rock
I thought I was banished to the Tower anyway! Just going to have a pasty for tea,sat here just outside Hereford on our way up lol

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2017, 05:18:13 pm »

you'll look like a pasty one of these days. {-) O0 ;D

Stavros

« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2017, 01:30:09 am »

130 to bed we go

Dave

Stavros

« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2017, 07:30:11 am »

Good mng from the Norbreck and we allready have 5 ins of water in the pool  ....the lads will be here soon to put the tables up and everything we need to do.

Traders will arrive at approx 12 and then the clubs....happy days

See you here

Dave

jarvo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Etherow model boat club
« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2017, 08:49:54 am »

Great to see you are so ecstatic, you and Iain saved the show and taken it 3 steps forward, see you sunday mate, now is the time to enjoy the hard work you have put in over the last year.

Mark
Tugs are for pulling

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2017, 05:20:51 pm »

the show is shaping up to be a cracker.....I left at 16.05 for my tea, leaving Stavros frizzled and kernackered, but in good humour and a few traders and a couple of clubs to make their entrance, but I hear that travel on the motorway network has been slow going.

forgot my pasty that mick French brought for me, so going back for it now.........hope all have a good run up or down to the show this weekend and spend plenty of money. take care on your journeys and enjoy the show.

Stavros

« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2017, 09:16:20 pm »

Well we ate set up pool filled bring and buy is heaving and boy oh boy are there some bargains there.

ALL TRADERS are here
All clubs here

SEE YOU AT THE SHOW

Dave

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2017, 09:25:16 pm »

Well we ate set up pool filled bring and buy is heaving and boy oh boy are there some bargains there.

ALL TRADERS are here
All clubs here

SEE YOU AT THE SHOW

Dave

top notch dave..........a stirling job......well done.........hope you get some sleep tonight.

captain bligh

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boats oh'd av um
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2017, 07:53:40 am »

Hope all have a great show over the weekend  :-)) :-))
It's not a bad man who makes a mistake its a good man who can get over it.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2017, 04:50:06 pm »

just got home from the first of my two days at the show....made an ass of myself sailing one of my lifeboats....mick French and baloo  taking  it in turns to sail the other one confidently and professionally..........I even forgot which boat I was sailing at one stage...whoops,

All the traders were busy showing and giving advice on their wares and Adrian and Terry were in good form on the Speedline stand. Terry seems to have made great strides in organising the magnificent work and models that Adrian is designing and producing. They make an excellent team and I can see many very happy and satisfied customers in the forthcoming weeks with the delivery of products ordered.
It is a thankless task when you are ill, to keep your head above water, especially when you have and are having problems, but I for one came home happy this afternoon that customers who have already paid for their kits will be wholly satisfied within the next few weeks.

the show itself was  a great testament to all of Dave[Stavros's] and Ians hard work and the crowds shown throughout the day, and not just a surge at certain times shows that this new form of introducing new facets of modelling to the "Ship" show will improve and grow. who would have thought not a couple of years ago that we would have had a man selling magnetic clamps, showing how aeroplane construction can be applied to model ship building, with a side table stacked high with beautiful wood veneers of all sorts of hard woods.

this show just gets better, and i'm glad I am there for two days.

Thanks to all concerned for making this show, my local show...........one which is going from strength to strength.

and don't forget Adrian............I owe you a beer tomorrow.

neil. O0 :-)) O0

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #122 on: October 22, 2017, 12:06:07 am »

I too have had a great day at the show,and like Neil,feel I must also compliment Stavros,and Ian,on bringing us all together to make it a wonderful two days.I hope the crowds attending today have made it worthwhile forveveryone,traders and exhibitors alike,and it will happen again tomorrow,Sunday.I have had a lot of interst,and comments about my model of the Solomon Browne Lifeboat,and as an added bonus,I have also sold a couple of copies of the Penlee Lifeboat History.Hopefully there will be some more sold tomorrow.
If you are in the area and havent seen the show,then please come along,there really are plenty of superb models to see,not only of every type of boat you can think of,but trucks,tanks,jcb'sand even Thomas the Tank Engine.For those of you that need some hard to find parts,or even a new model kit,I am sure you will find the many traders in attendance will have it here.
Mick F.

ray123

• Full Mayhemer
  • shuswap tugboat
« Reply #123 on: October 22, 2017, 08:28:46 am »

blackpool looks a great show   :-))  im interested in attending next year    couple of questions   i understand there a pool  is it outside & how big is it  ive not seen any photos of boats on the pool yet  :-)  and when is a good time to book in to attend the show

thanks 
regards ray

Stavros

« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2017, 11:05:35 am »

Ray I'll pm you when I've got home from running the show

Dave
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.