Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aero-Naut Spitfire kneeler hydroplane  (Read 1702 times)

EJL

Aero-Naut Spitfire kneeler hydroplane
« on: October 31, 2016, 08:01:20 pm »

I am currently writing a build review for my local model shop's facebook page.   'Stockton Modeller'   (I add to it weekly)

https://www.facebook.com/StocktonModeller/photos/?ref=page_internal

I would like to know if anyone else has had problems with the aero naut 60 outboard motor unit.  After 3 x 5 minute runs the brass bush that the flexi cable stub shaft runs in has started to elongate resulting in terrible prop wobble. Basically the bush has failed. I removed it for close examination and found that the small brass brush has a very small steel bearing fitted on the inside but the prop end is soft brass.
I used my lathe to bore the bush out and fitted 4mm  lead teflon bearings, job sorted.

I can do these jobs however Mr average who buys one probably cannot therefore its seems unreasonable the unit fails after a total of 15 minutes running time.

I intend to take this up with the UK importer however it would be helpful to find out if anyone else has had problems with this unit.

Anyone interested in building a kit of this boat may find my photographs and comments useful.

Ernie Lazenby
(the grumpy old geezer who for 15 years wrote regular articles for Marine modelling International)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 19 queries.