Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deans (Nautix) Waveney Class 44-008  (Read 2035 times)

livesteam

• Full Mayhemer
Deans (Nautix) Waveney Class 44-008
« on: December 09, 2016, 08:19:16 pm »

Hello

I think that the Deans Marine (probably by Nautix) Waveney Class Lifeboat 44-008 would give an interesting starting point for extra detailling ans functions. Now there is very little information about the model available. I even think that there is a wrong scale indicated on the Deans Marine website: it says 1/30 but according to the length (728mm) it's rather 1/20...

Here's my question: does anyody own such a boat and can tell eanything about it? As far as I remember, there has been a review in either of the two big print magazines a few years ago but couldn't find it in my archive. If anybody had this review it would also be much appreciated.

Thank!
Regards, Kaspar

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
  • I`M YOUR FRIENDLY TRUCKER
Re: Deans (Nautix) Waveney Class 44-008
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 11:33:57 am »

Hi Kasper, I did have one and I used 1:24 scale figures(now from mountfleet models),radio gear & battery and away you go nice little model,but the time you spent £350 to run you model (eg: boat radio & batt) you could pick up a bigger scale lifeboat,but it is a nice little size to start with.

Baloo

livesteam

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 08:15:49 pm »

Thanks Baloo! I thought about fitting the model with sound and lights. But then I read in a german forum, that the model is quite heavy and it would be difficult regarding additional weight. What was you experience according weight? Was the boat top-heavy?

Best raegards, kaspar

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
  • I`M YOUR FRIENDLY TRUCKER
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 07:25:32 pm »

I would not say it was heavy,but there is not much room inside,lights would not be a problem it's fitting the sound system in.I gave the boat to my grandson who unfortunately sunk it on the Thames,then had the cheek to ask if he could have one of my bigger models(afraid not).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.