Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings from Newcastle  (Read 1368 times)

flyte

• Full Mayhemer
  • The fog on the Tyne belongs to everyone.
Greetings from Newcastle
« on: December 10, 2016, 09:50:04 am »

Hi everyone and greetings from a cold and wet Newcastle (The "upon Tyne" one). Its been a long time since I did anything remotely nautical unless drinking Rum counts, but now my head is full of these strange creatures........Pond Yacht's.

This is all thanks to an impulse buy at auction, she was looking very sad, paint flaking, no sails or rigging, bits missing, but she whispered to me  like a Seagull calling to her mate on a gentle sea breeze........ok ok enough  :} . I bought her for £55, it just had to be done !

Anyhow, I'm a retired Engineer (of sorts) and I've spent half my life restoring all sorts of antiques as a hobby, I have a decent workshop which includes an old Boxford lathe which has saved my hide more than once. My wife says I have way to much stuff and something has to go, but I think I'm to old now to find a new missus  ;)

When I find the right section I'll be posting a few pics and, as noobs do, asking for help !

nemesis

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Greetings from Newcastle
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 02:13:27 pm »

Welcome, there is a strong yacht section at the Tynemouth club, Tues and Thurs 9-30 on. nemesis

flyte

• Full Mayhemer
  • The fog on the Tyne belongs to everyone.
Re: Greetings from Newcastle
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 02:42:07 pm »

Thank you Nemesis, I knew people sailed yachts down there but had no idea it was so big ! I'll have a look down there one day soon  :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.