Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4 x V12 sound effects  (Read 2548 times)

shadysadie

• Full Mayhemer
4 x V12 sound effects
« on: December 29, 2016, 04:13:27 pm »

Thanks to help from you good people, I am currently converting my 1:24 Fairmile D from 4x brushed motors to 2x Turnigy 3639 brushless units and appropriate Li Po power.
There was always plenty of space inside this hull and ditching the lead acid batteries for Li Po's has now given even more room and a considerable weight saving so my thoughts have turned to engine sound effects.
I have carried out a little research but none of the current sound module suppliers seem to cater for a multi V12 installation so please can some kind person give me some guidance? Ideally, I am looking to replicate four Packard V12 petrol engines with start-up and throttle response up to full revs. but, realistically would settle for three motors as per PT boats or Vospers. Oh dear! I'm now thinking of sound for my 1:24 Vosper!

TomHugill

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: 4 x V12 sound effects
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 05:13:32 pm »

If you can find a decent clip of one in action you can make a sound set for the benedini fairly easily. Unlike other sound cards where you need each throttle "step" you only need 5 (idle, reving up, reving down, running and start up). The benedini mixes it all together into a seamless sound simulation. The tricky part is finding a decent sound sample! Good luck

shadysadie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 05:35:44 pm »

Thanks TomHugill, the benedini certainly seems worth looking at in more detail. So far I've been able to source good sound samples from WWII PT boats which would be adequate but I'll keep searching for the magic "four".

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 10:20:11 pm »

:o Here is a current [todays] posting on V12 'petrol' engined sound modules............don't you guys read?  {-) .... Derek

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56645.0/topicseen.html
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

shadysadie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 12:06:15 am »

Yes, I do read and very well too as I've been doing it for 70 yrs. plus. I've already read today's posting regarding V12 petrol engined  sound modules and whilst my reading abilities are unquestionably excellent, maybe I've missed some vital information due to my advancing years and ongoing lack of understanding/ dementia. I'm looking for help regarding multi. V12 sound effects and don't understand quite how this is relevant. Please forgive me if I have misunderstood something here but old age and technofear are rapidly creeping up on me. Oh! for the sixties when we were grateful to just have the basics.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 01:34:42 am »

Dear shadysadie...apologies  :embarrassed:...it was all said in jest.....it was just that both threads topics were just a line apart :o

...anyway just two things  >>:-(.......

1. if you have 3 score +10 of reading...I have just about 1/6 of a score to catch up with you O0
2. from the posting, I thought the pre prepared V12 petrol sound effects may be of interest to you

I will continue to read your thread with great interest

regards for the New Year and 2017................ Derek

Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

gra2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 04:47:56 am »

Hi DAVID,

Have a look at Modelsound inc.com

Gra2 

shadysadie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 09:25:26 am »

Sorry Derek, I did rather over react there! Yesterday was just an all round bad day for me but that is no excuse and I shall now go back to the article and study it thoroughly to see what I missed.

Thanks gra2 I'll take a look.

shadysadie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 07:06:36 pm »

Thanks again gra2 for pointing me in the direction of Modelsounds. I emailed them to inquire what was available in the style of four Packard V12 marine engines and they kindly sent me some sound samples they have put together by mixing PT109 sounds with MTB sound effects. Start-up of all four then running through the complete rev. range. Amazing stuff and I have placed an order!

gra2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 09:07:16 am »

Hi David happy to help.

Gra2
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.