Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My next project-what do you think?!  (Read 5248 times)

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
Re: My next project-what do you think?!
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2017, 01:32:04 pm »

for keeping the shape I would of thought maybe using some brass tube and rods.....

Epoxy and fibreglass some tubes in to the hull along the cut line, then cut the hull straight and the tubes,
have pieces of tubes already cut to the 5" extension once you open the hull inset the brass tubes and then pin it
together using the brass rod tack together with some superglue then resin it all together with the new hull piece.

also by doing this the hull shouldn't twist and will line up again.

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!
Re: My next project-what do you think?!
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2017, 04:17:24 pm »

Hi Geoff, Colin

Good to hear from you both on this subject, the more ideas the better. I won't be cutting the hull until I'm sure that it won't twist or deform.
The Scharnhorst hull is from Manfred Zinnicker of ModelbauZinnicker in Germany. Managed to get a hull paid for before the Pound crash so probably got a better deal than you would now but I paid 260EUROs but it came with prop shafts fully fitted, all portholes, all scuttles, gun emplacements and the deck/hull curvature. It came with a deck too. So its not too bad for the money but it took me a lot of emails and reminders to him to actually get the hull sent to me (took six months). I was actually worried at one point that I had been cheated but it arrived two weeks before I deployed so at least I've got it. He is a really nice chap to talk to and very apologetic but wouldn't give any details on why it took so long.
Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 21 queries.