Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FPV install for Boats  (Read 2181 times)

rayna

• Full Mayhemer
FPV install for Boats
« on: February 12, 2017, 11:58:44 pm »

Hi can anyone advise suitable items to use for fitting to a river pusher tug model. St 1:48 the model size is reasonable to add a bit of extra stuff aboard as needed batts etc.
Intent was to put camera in bridge or maybe just below and use a screen type monitor with the TX . Need to know the ins and outs . The China Banggood site has lots of individual components but need to know some suggestions as to what to use with what. Ideally I need some ort of schematic so I can understand it all as at moment I know zilch.
thanks
Rayna

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: FPV install for Boats
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 03:57:44 am »

You can use a smart phone, if you have one, for the screen.  You will need to look for a camera system that does that and hopefully it will be low cost. That would save you some money on a screen.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 09:02:40 am »

Some "nearly" drawings here - http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-TS832-RC832-5_8G-32CH-600mW-FPV-Transmitter-Receiver-7_4-16V-p-1079941.html?rmmds=category
And a mini camera - http://www.banggood.com/600TVL-8_0MP-14-2_8mm-CMOS-FPV-170-Degree-Wide-Anlge-Lens-Camera-PALNTSC-p-984345.html?rmmds=category

It looks like inputs to the transmitter are sort of standard and outputs from the receiver also, so for viewing it just needs a device that can accept a video input signal and process it onto a screen.  Unless the tablet or smartphone has a dedicated AV input, a real monitor might be more economical and easier to set up.  Since the radio bit works in the 5.8GHz band, there should be no interference problems.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 08:55:33 pm »

Some "nearly" drawings here - http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-TS832-RC832-5_8G-32CH-600mW-FPV-Transmitter-Receiver-7_4-16V-p-1079941.html?rmmds=category

There is one major problem with this equipment, it's illegal to use in the UK. The maximum allowed mobile transmitter power with 5.8GHz is 25 mW, way less than the 600mW this produces.

Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 02:43:28 am »

If you Google 'fpv mobile phone' a lot comes up, including a couple of Youtube hits.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 09:01:36 am »

There is one major problem with this equipment, it's illegal to use in the UK. The maximum allowed mobile transmitter power with 5.8GHz is 25 mW, way less than the 600mW this produces.

Jim
OP is in New Zealand, where the rules might be more relaxed.  I've yet to hear of a CB'er being prosecuted for using a burner in the UK, and on 27MHz, they are a real nuisance.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

rayna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 07:02:15 pm »

Thanks for feedback so far. The Banggood stuff noted looks to be the way to go. Comments re legality of system here in NZ not sure will find out. Without looking one wonders what all these drones use I would have thought it was the same and they are legal here.
 Do not really wish to use mobile phone rather want a dedicated screen but thanks for suggestion.
So keep suggestions coming thanks
Rayna
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 6.216 seconds with 21 queries.