Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RC Scratchbuilt Land Yacht  (Read 1318 times)

Will01

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
RC Scratchbuilt Land Yacht
« on: February 14, 2017, 01:07:17 pm »

Hi Guys
I am slowly making my way through posting all the RC models i am working on or have built.

This is one of my favourites as i made this when in school for my A-Levels and got the highest mark achievable for the manufacutre and write up of the project.

The model works really well on tarmac, however where i now live it doesn't work well on the mudflats of the estuary because of the sticky surface.
i do have some larger wheels to trial if this improves the working. Also i find in high winds the sail winch even though HD struggles with pulling in the sail.
The sail is mylar and not the best design, but it does work and this model can really move.

The wheels are aircraft alloy hubs machined out with roller bearings out of RC car.
My plan is to also fit an RC model sail boat sail to see if that helps improve performance.
Anyone got any good links on how to setup a good sail winch setup?

I may also toy with running a fore sail(is that the correct name?)

I also have narrow axles for this model for higher speed runs and getting it up on 2 wheels for fun.
There is also another sail i have for this model which is an old RC plane solid wing for ultimate speed runs.

My intention was always to sell as a kit, but this really is an alternative to other RC models.
When i started this back in 2001 RC land yachts were not really available and only a handful made by people such as myself by scracth. No palns etc existed(that i could ever find)

]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 21 queries.