Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battery Help !!  (Read 2471 times)

bigbilly

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Battery Help !!
« on: February 20, 2017, 06:37:59 pm »

I have a Pro Boat Volere launch which is my grandson's pride and joy.  It is fitted with a 8.4V 1600mAh Ni-MH compact battery pack fitted with a Tamiya connector, ref. no. PRB3051.
I am struggling to get a replacement and think that this battery may have been discontinued.  Can anybody help in telling me where I can get one or is there an equivalent that will fit.
Failing that I suppose I will need to get the fitting changed for a different compact battery.

Many thanks

Bill

Stavros

Re: Battery Help !!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 07:05:01 pm »

Contact component shop and tell them your problem and they will sort you out...if they not got one in stock they will make you one up

Dave

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 09:55:25 pm »

bigbilly,
I had one of these and replaced the battery with a higher capacity one, 4.6 Ah if i remember correctly from component shop.
These batteries are the same size but a little heavier.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 08:22:32 am »

The only problem with a higher mAH rating battery in the same size is that it will run longer.  And, with higher mAH capacity, the weight does go up.  Don't be tempted by batteries made up from AA size cells unless that was how the original was done - they just don't have the current delivery.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

stevesteve

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 01:31:43 am »

I have a Pro Boat Volere launch which is my grandson's pride and joy.  It is fitted with a 8.4V 1600mAh Ni-MH compact battery pack fitted with a Tamiya connector, ref. no. PRB3051.
I am struggling to get a replacement and think that this battery may have been discontinued.  Can anybody help in telling me where I can get one or is there an equivalent that will fit.
Failing that I suppose I will need to get the fitting changed for a different compact battery.

Many thanks

Bill

chop the tamiya connector off, fit the better xt60 and forget about ni-mh and go lipo
 they are much lighter and smaller for the capacity they give, can provide far more raw amps and are now cheaper to buy than ni-mh, its a no brainer!

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 08:06:27 am »

chop the tamiya connector off, fit the better xt60 and forget about ni-mh and go lipo
 they are much lighter and smaller for the capacity they give, can provide far more raw amps and are now cheaper to buy than ni-mh, its a no brainer!
If going the LiPo route, it must be remembered that although their price has dropped, you still need an appropriate charger and a voltage alarm circuit in the boat.  They have a relatively low number of charge cycles when worked hard, and part of the price for better performance is that they need a lot more care.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.