Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: artesania latina Amsterdam tug boat railings  (Read 1377 times)

benidormbob

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: artesania latina Amsterdam tug boat railings
« on: February 20, 2017, 08:15:00 pm »

Hi all I'm in need of replacing some of the railings on my artesania latina Amsterdam tug boat. Unfortunately the previous owner didn't look after it and it has seen better days. What sort of material is it and what sort of gauge is it please and lastly where would I purchase some lengths from. Thank you 

jarvo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Etherow model boat club
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 08:54:00 pm »

Hi Benidorm, I had the same problem with my Amsterdam, had to replace all the railings to get a match, Artensaria tried to help but they dont make the kit anymore, got mine from Cornwall Model boats, close match with fine wire railings, didnt cost that much but a hell of a job to re-fit.

Hope this helps

Mark
Tugs are for pulling

benidormbob

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 09:59:03 pm »

Thanks Jarvo  Will try Cornwell model boats to see what they can do to help me. Didn't think it would be easy to re fit them. Don't understand people that take great care and skill building some beautiful model boats Then get fed up with them after a time which is fair enough, But sell them on in decent condition instead of putting them in a corner of a shed/attic/cellar for years piling things on top of them.  :-)) 

jarvo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Etherow model boat club
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 10:09:09 pm »

Yes i know what you mean, mine came with the plank on frame hull, slight cracks in the paintwork, as i sanded it down the cracks got bigger!!!  i have had to steam the inside of the hull to expand the wood, then resin over the internal hull, and glass cloth on the external hull, you can imagine how much fun i had stripping and re-building that one
Tugs are for pulling

benidormbob

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 10:23:40 pm »

When I brought mine off ebay it looked like someone had set a mortar bomb off in the hull. The main structure of the tug is in good condition It is all the fine easy to snap/brake parts that are damaged But I'm determined to get it back to it's former glory. There where a couple of chaps in this club that where going to get me some plans so I could check what I was doing and if there was anything missing that I was unaware of but didn't hear anything back off them.It just makes things more difficult when even the manufactures don't have any spares/details/plans either
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.