Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ice Hockey  (Read 2554 times)

smudger1309

• Full Mayhemer
  • Colwyn Bay M.B.C
Ice Hockey
« on: February 22, 2017, 02:53:56 am »

well we all know there lot football fans and rugby fans being league or union but how many of us like ice hockey

i go watch my local team at Deeside but i also like the SHL (Swedish Hockey League) Frolunda Indians  the NHL (National Hockey League) New York Rangers and the German Del League  i liking Red Bull Munich but watching other teams to, 

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Ice Hockey
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 08:02:30 am »

Grew up in southern Ontario, so will always be a Toronto Maple leafs fan, though they've not one the Stanley Cup since I was 10, but don't watch it since I've been in the UK. I have heard the Elite league is quite competitive and fancy going to cardiff to catch a game, their apparently Canadian owned and comprised of alot of Caucks on the roster. One day will scoot across the bridge.

Robert

smudger1309

• Full Mayhemer
  • Colwyn Bay M.B.C
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 02:16:11 pm »

Premier Sports show NHL in the UK and SHL,  sky channel 428 think it on virgin to.

rangers not won the stanley cup since 1994 but came close in 2014 sighs  <:(

yeah can get some good games in the elite league,  like Sheffield Steelers and Nottingham panthers and Manchester Storm,  but i what i find is all leagues around world are far more superior then British leagues

smudger1309

• Full Mayhemer
  • Colwyn Bay M.B.C
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 05:19:26 pm »

new season starts next week well next week for the Deeside Dragons   :} :} :} :}

smudger1309

• Full Mayhemer
  • Colwyn Bay M.B.C
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 12:28:06 am »

with the British season started in September  the NHL over the pond just started

Lets Go New York Rangers  time bring the cup home  %%

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 06:29:13 am »

Rangers {:-{ , give me a break...come Leafs, to long with out the Cup, go on Leafs!

smudger1309

• Full Mayhemer
  • Colwyn Bay M.B.C
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 02:10:43 pm »

Rangers {:-{ , give me a break...come Leafs, to long with out the Cup, go on Leafs!

hehe  we got one best goalies in NHL the king of new york,  didnt help us this morning tho  <:( <:( ,    Leafs and you call the Rangers  {-) {-) ,   we will win the cup before the leafs  %%  hopefully in my life time lol

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 05:12:06 pm »

...probably, grew up 60 miles out of Toronto and Hockey Night in canada on CBC was more like a religious event in our house as a kid, and thats about the last time the Leafs won the Cup, '67, and I'm 59 soon, we can only hope {-) .

smudger1309

• Full Mayhemer
  • Colwyn Bay M.B.C
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 06:23:08 pm »

i used to watch Hockey Night in Canada every saturday night when it was shown on  NASN channel in the uk and up till about 2 years ago when Premier Sports wanted to show other games other then hockey night i Canada but CBC dont have NHL rights no more,  think Rodgers sports or somthing has the rights and lease the HNIC name from CBC :(

Tombsy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2017, 12:38:31 am »

CBC even sold the theme song to Hockey Night in Canada that we all grew up with, pretty bad.
Go Calgary Flames! But they don’t really have a chance I’m afraid.
Brian

smudger1309

• Full Mayhemer
  • Colwyn Bay M.B.C
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 02:34:05 pm »

Correct me if i am wrong but CBC didnt own the rights to that classic theme tune and they couldn't agree a new deal to use it that the reason why they used new one from few years back till they lost NHL rights,   i think is it sports net that made a deal to use the Hockey Night in Canada theme, i know there was total uproar in Canada that CBC lost the rights to use the classic Hockey Night in Canada,  but there Hockey Tonight theme was awesome.  But to every single fan who follows the NHL will always know that it will always be the Hockey Night in Canada theme not sports net or Rodgers Sports,   

For people who dont know the HNIC theme it is like Match of the Day theme or if you live in Ireland The Sunday Game Theme tune its just a classic, one of them theme tunes that you dont change ever 

Tombsy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2017, 03:10:26 pm »

Absolutely right CBC didn’t want to pay for the theme and TSN bought the rights in perpetuity. CBC kind of figured no one would care and had a contest for a new one. But there’s only one original :). I guess the unofficial anthem will always be Stompin’ Tom Collins’ the Hockey Song.
https://youtu.be/UxJvrD80nJ4
Brian

smudger1309

• Full Mayhemer
  • Colwyn Bay M.B.C
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2017, 03:21:35 pm »

thats it TSN not sports net doh couldn't remember   {-)  you are right tho only one original  but shooting out the lights song  for Hockey Tonight i think pre game show before main HNIC started was awesome as well  .  just not the same without HNIC or Don Cherry  and Ron MacLean,  but what was tune they used after each song started with a bell just before they went to the studio

The Hockey Song by Stomping Tom Collins another absolute classic surprised no one uses it or even updated the song, 

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 07:53:13 am »

I prefer The Tragically Hip song about Bill Barilko (sp)....it use to be funny watching our cat sit in front of the telly pawing at the players going back and forth....

smudger1309

• Full Mayhemer
  • Colwyn Bay M.B.C
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2017, 04:40:31 pm »

lol

next week back to watching Deeside Dragons they be home again on 15th,  we not doing to well  <*<

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 08:48:28 pm »

Back in the very early 90s, as a BBC cameraman, I was sent to cover an ice hockey match in Dundee. My first and only coverage of the sport.

Three things spring to mind.

1/ There are three halves. (I'd kind of expected the game to finish after the second...)

2/ These guys are fast. I was operating a camera behind a goal, and only on the slo-mo replay did I see the puck go in. In 'real life' I'd seen nothing, just a hint of a strike halfway down the rink (could've been a dummy, but my arms started moving the camera) and the movement of the net. Anything in between was a blur of bodies.

3/ The Worst Smell Ever. I did a post-match interview in the locker room. Stale sweat warming up after a spell on the ice was flippin' horrible.

Andy
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

smudger1309

• Full Mayhemer
  • Colwyn Bay M.B.C
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2017, 03:21:21 pm »

Dundee Stars, they still going they play in the Elite Ice Hockey Leauge (UK only Professional League) and is light years if not worst from other European leagues like the SHL in Sweden or the DEL League in Germany and the KHL in Russia,

yup 3, 20 min periods if game is still tied an extra 5 mins of over time is played still tied then they go to to a shoot out (penalty shots)  best of 3 still tied sudden death lol

the play offs is another season in it self all games are best of 7 apart from the UK witch is 1 weekend semi final on Saturday and the final on the Sunday all one game bit of joke really lol

ice hockey is very fast contact sport,  i stand behind the goal at Deeside in North Wales only £8 to get in and i also watch all the New York Rangers games, Ice Hockey is more faster watching it in person then it is on TV, on TV it seems slower,

the smell i remember that when i used to help the team behind the scenes when they were called Flintshire Freeze yeah was something you had to get used to lol

the goalies aka net minders are completely utterly nuts they say in football you have to have screw lose to be goalkeeper god knows what you need then to be goalie in ice hockey to just stand there for 60 mins have this big thick rubber shot at you over 100 mph lol but they hardly lose it on the ice but when they do it gets exciting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP4ekB0jx5w&t=137s

this them being erm happy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfS0abSR5Wc&t=31s

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 21 queries.