Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/12 Severn wheelhouse  (Read 1549 times)

lesfac

• Full Mayhemer
  • Never too late for a happy childhood
1/12 Severn wheelhouse
« on: March 02, 2017, 01:09:51 pm »

Well my build sort of stalled at Christmas and I have not got back into it since. Maybe it was the cold weather putting me off but also maybe because I find starting the wheelhouse a bit daunting. The next steps will involve carving great lumps off the wheelhouse moulding and gluing in the upper floor. I seem to have arrived at a point where I dont trust the match between the RNLI drawings that I have and the mouldings. It could be that I am over thinking things and just need to get on with it..
For a gentle restart I have started making up the window frames from the kit. After fiddling about wondering how to position the parts for gluing I came up with the spring loaded clamp in the photo. I havnt done many frames but it proved good on the ones I have done. I release the spring pressure totally to load it up then apply the spring pressure and the clamping force is just enough to hold it in place but let you slide one piece against the other to align them. Then I can turn it over and apply the plastic weld glue.
Les
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.